Explorer crashes frequently - Anyone Else

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I know what the problem is....

You updated your computer with IE 7. That things is a pile of .... garbage. I would say roll back the update from IE 7 back to IE 6 and when running the updates make sure you don't choose to update to IE 7. I think it classifies it as a "critical" update so it always there and you have to de-select it. The only thing "critical" about it is that it can cause you critical problems.

Last edited:

Ames

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 5, 2006
Re: I know what the problem is....

You updated your computer with IE 7. That things is a pile of .... garbage. I would say roll back the update from IE 7 back to IE 6 and when running the updates make sure you don't choose to update to IE 7. I think it classifies it as a "critical" update so it always there and you have to de-select it. The only thing "critical" about it is that it can cause you critical problems.

I'd say exactly the opposite.

IE7 is fine. I'd check all the third party stuff. For now even uninstall Google or Yahoo toolbar. The dll that's giving you problems look like a wireless driver problem, not DNS.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 7.0.6000.16574, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x0002ae22.

Crashed again. Still an event 1000 but different .dll file this time.

There was also an event 1001 with this one that says:

Fault bucket 591034710.

Very informative error codes.

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa
I did some more searching and I found some things that say it may be related to a wireless network adapter, trying search for a new revision of the wireless adapter driver and installing that as well

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Look, the info about it needing to get fixed and Firefox not being an alternative didn't come out until later.

So, Im just trying to slow you foxers down a bit. You drive us company IT guys nuts because you put the message out and everyone out there and their mother tries to load it up and bring on the hysteria of IE being the devil. :smile:

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Re: I know what the problem is....

I'd say exactly the opposite.

IE7 is fine. I'd check all the third party stuff. For now even uninstall Google or Yahoo toolbar. The dll that's giving you problems look like a wireless driver problem, not DNS.

I would tend to agree with that assumption. Any IE issues I have come across tend to be from something else.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
So, Im just trying to slow you foxers down a bit. You drive us company IT guys nuts because you put the message out and everyone out there and their mother tries to load it up and bring on the hysteria of IE being the devil. :smile:

Pssst...

I'm an "IT guy".

I don't think IE is the devil...just simply that...

Firefox > IE

Ames

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 5, 2006
Pssst...

I'm an "IT guy".

Firefox > IE

I'm a web developer so I spend all day in both. I think anymore they are pretty equal. I spend more time in FF because of the add-ins. I have to restart FF more because when you load up both IE and FF often enough you'll see FF gets crazy with the memory usage.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Pssst...

I'm an "IT guy".

Firefox > IE

Ease back bucko. This isnt personal. I was just giving the thread users some ribbing. Its all good.

jbing

Dec 27, 2007
Ankeny, IA
www.jeremybingaman.com
firefox.jpg

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
EXACT same thing happens ot me around 3 times per day. Minor annoyance.

I also have a work laptop (Dell Latitude D600) on SP2 with all the recent updates. I am connected through a cable modem (mediacom) and a Linksys 4 port WIRED router.

Interesting thing is it just started about a month ago.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
EXACT same thing happens ot me around 3 times per day. Minor annoyance.

I also have a work laptop (Dell Latitude D600) on SP2 with all the recent updates. I am connected through a cable modem (mediacom) and a Linksys 4 port WIRED router.

Interesting thing is it just started about a month ago.

I just got this PC about a month ago so that is all the history I have. I have a Dell Lattitude D830.

I agree. Minor annoyance.