Expectations for 2018-2019

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Not in Lunardi's preseason bracketology. I love our potential next year but honestly I just hope we make the dance.

Lunardi's 1 seeds look smart bets to me, 2's and 3's are believalbe. Also seems to buck the too-early rankings hype-train about Loyola being top 25 level - has it at 11 seed ... might be slightly too cautious, I could see an 8/9 seed, but depends a lot on if there's any SOS strength in MVC and I haven't seen the non-league schedule

His previous bracket (published late-April) also went overboard on ACC getting 11 bids. Too much cut-throat is possible at the tail end of that conference, I can't see it.

As for Iowa State: Not surprised he'd have us missing the cut, but should be in at least First 4 out/Next 4 out. ... Also, he has Nebraska comfortably into the field as a 9-seed, and I'm not sure why.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
It is a "prove it" year for the team and the staff -- make the tournament.

The entire roster was recruited by the Prohm regime, save NWB (who TJ brought in while a de facto interim head coach and is a legacy recruit). TJ helped with Lewis and Solomon Young, too, if I remember, but this is completely a new era now.

Reactions: rholtgraves

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
It is a "prove it" year for the team and the staff -- make the tournament.

The entire roster was recruited by the Prohm regime, save NWB (who TJ brought in while a de facto interim head coach and is a legacy recruit). TJ helped with Lewis and Solomon Young, too, if I remember, but this is completely a new era now.

I'm guessing the staff has to feel pretty good about their chances to do just that.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Would not be at all surprised if Terrance Lewis is a major contributor this year.

Looks like he's added some muscle, and has a great looking stroke.

A little confidence will go a long ways with him.

He has the size and skill set to turn into a marquee player.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Would not be at all surprised if Terrance Lewis is a major contributor this year.

Looks like he's added some muscle, and has a great looking stroke.

A little confidence will go a long ways with him.

He was green last year, but you could tell towards the end of the season he was starting to get it.

Excited for him this year. Not expecting him to start, but contribute some.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Lewis I anticipate having a breakout year. 6’6 and athletic, looks to have gained 15 LBS muscle or so, and his stroke is pure. If he can be a 6th or 7th man who comes in and sparks team with 3’s and accepts that role then this year is going to be real fun.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
He has the size and skill set to turn into a marquee player.

He absolutely showed flashes of an elite offensive player last season.

He just has to get passable on defense. Defense is 90% hustle and 10% positioning. I figure with some effort and coaching he can have both of them.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
i'm always a sucker for mbb expecatations threads.

the more I think about next year, the more I think its all going to come down to team chemistry - can this coaching staff take the talent/depth that we now have (and seriously lacked last year) and put it all together.

at least we have the pieces, but creating/accepting roles is going to be tricky.

Reactions: rholtgraves

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
i'm always a sucker for mbb expecatations threads.

the more I think about next year, the more I think its all going to come down to team chemistry - can this coaching staff take the talent/depth that we now have (and seriously lacked last year) and put it all together.

at least we have the pieces, but creating/accepting roles is going to be tricky.

I'm sure Prohm would prefer to have too many quality P6 options to manage rather than too few. We saw the result from having latter situation in last year.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
When do the newcomers on the team get numbers -- or do they have them already?