Excessive Celebrations

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
As a coach I would encourage my team to celebrate anyway they want. Whoopie do 15 yards on the kickoff after u scored a TD.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Plus a few years ago just meant a longer PAT. Now it means giving 15+ yards in field position.

Cyclone711

Oct 27, 2007
Minnesota
People who say they should be allowed to celebrate like that have clearly never been on the recieving end of it. When my team got whooped on and I saw the other team doing that all it did was make me angry and make me want to retaliate. This is why it shouldn't be allowed, it draws attention to ones self over the team and it will ultimately end in some type of retaliation.

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
I would like to see some more consistent calling of these penalties. I believe I have seen several flips go unpunished in the last few days while some get an automatic flag. Even when players just make a good play they seem to showboat but it is never consistently called. Even in the Texas Tech - Virginia game today we see extreme inconsistency on part of a single ref crew during a game. It either needs to be fully enforced or thrown out. I don't care, but give me some consistency cause it drives me nuts!

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
People who say they should be allowed to celebrate like that have clearly never been on the recieving end of it. When my team got whooped on and I saw the other team doing that all it did was make me angry and make me want to retaliate. This is why it shouldn't be allowed, it draws attention to ones self over the team and it will ultimately end in some type of retaliation.

I say they should be allowed and have been on the receiving end. It didn't make me want to retaliate, I figured they made the play they should celebrate why should I be upset the them.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
As a coach I would encourage my team to celebrate anyway they want. Whoopie do 15 yards on the kickoff after u scored a TD.

It's more likely for a Kick Return with a 15 yard penalty or at least good field position. I'm not sure a coach would agree with you.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
If someone scores, they should be able to show-boat or celebrate just as long as it isn't a direct taunt to the opposing team.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
This is kind of like the old 'running up the score' debate.

Some think that if you dont want celebrations, you should stop them..

Some think that you should just not celebrate

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
Is anyone else getting a weird format on this thread. It's spread across horizontally and doesn't fit to the page. Just curious. All the other threads seem to be fine.

And it's only on page 2.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
If someone scores, they should be able to show-boat or celebrate just as long as it isn't a direct taunt to the opposing team.

So a dive into the endzone isn't a taunt to the opposing team? I guess I'll have to agree to disagree with you on this one.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
So a dive into the endzone isn't a taunt to the opposing team? I guess I'll have to agree to disagree with you on this one.

It's more of a show-boat thing. I don't see it as direct taunt to an opposing team, like smack-talking or finger-pointing would be. It COULD be construed as a taunt, but I don't see it as a direct taunt and thus I don't have a big problem with it.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
A dive into the endzone isn't focused toward anyone. Its just simply a dive. Should Favre be penalized for taunting when he puts his hands in the air and runs around the field? Should Meyer and Blythe been penalized for running up to each other for an airborne chest bump in front of the TV cams? NO way. Anyway... good points on both sides of this arguement.

I still think that bowl games should be viewed differently reguarding this rule due to the season being over... more of an all-star game atmosphere.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
A dive into the endzone isn't focused toward anyone. Its just simply a dive. Should Favre be penalized for taunting when he puts his hands in the air and runs around the field? Should Meyer and Blythe been penalized for running up to each other for an airborne chest bump in front of the TV cams? NO way. Anyway... good points on both sides of this arguement.

I still think that bowl games should be viewed differently reguarding this rule due to the season being over... more of an all-star game atmosphere.

Exactly. :yes:

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Some browsers don't correctly show a wrap when somebody puts in an abnormally large chunk of consecutive characters and one post had about a hundred ? marks. I removed them so it should be fine now.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
Some browsers don't correctly show a wrap when somebody puts in an abnormally large chunk of consecutive characters and one post had about a hundred ? marks. I removed them so it should be fine now.

Thanks. Sorry to make you work on New Years. Just have never seen that before.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron