Evidence that Clemens took steriods?

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
He just like Bonds screwed themselves when they came out and played the falsely accused victim. I honestly think the best play is to do what Petite(sp?) did and come out and say he used some stuff at one time when it wasn't illegal blah, blah, blah. Does it hurt their Hall of Fame chances? Probably. Of course Clemens said he didn't give a "rat's ***" about that.

If it comes out that he did use and there is physical evidence, the jail time will certainly hurt the HOF chances more than an admission of partial guilt.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
wow. I'll bet Roger's legal team is working late tonight. Here's the thing. If he took steroids, and it comes out that he's been lying this whole time, the public is going to come down on him so hard that Barry Bonds is going to look like a choir boy by comparison. To me, Pettitte did it the right way. Come clean. Apologize. Cooperate. His reputation is in far better shape than the Rocket's. You can make the case that Pettitte only admitted it after he was named in the report, and he did nothing to aid Gerorge Mitchell, and that's tough to argue with. But now that it's out in the open, he seems to be manning up.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
If it comes out that he did use and there is physical evidence, the jail time will certainly hurt the HOF chances more than an admission of partial guilt.

Nobody knows what he said under oath yet, so I doubt there will be any jail time, he's not dumb enough to lie under oath...

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Nobody knows what he said under oath yet, so I doubt there will be any jail time, he's not dumb enough to lie under oath...

Yet he is dumb enough to take steriods and then play good guy to the whole world...

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
And dumb enough to cash over $100 million because he took steroids.

Touche....but are you admitting that he wouldn't have done nearly what he did without steriods? That is my opinion and the reason I think the HOF should go bye-bye.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Anyone else not give a crap about this steroid stuff. Its time to just focus on catching people now and forgeting about the past steroid users.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Touche....but are you admitting that he wouldn't have done nearly what he did without steriods? That is my opinion and the reason I think the HOF should go bye-bye.

I think his career would have been over 5 years ago had he not done steroids. At that point, he already had a HOF career, so in my opinion, he should be in...

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
I think his career would have been over 5 years ago had he not done steroids. At that point, he already had a HOF career, so in my opinion, he should be in...

Isn't he accused of taking steriods well prior to 5 years ago?

jose

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
cybsball20 according to his comments after the 5 hours he continued to deny while under oath... "It was great to be able to tell them what I've been saying all along — that I've never used steroids or growth hormone," the seven-time Cy Young Award winner said.

From the St. Louis paper... I'm sure there are hundreds of other articles with his same comments.
STLtoday - Sports - Cardinals

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
cybsball20 according to his comments after the 5 hours he continued to deny while under oath... "It was great to be able to tell them what I've been saying all along — that I've never used steroids or growth hormone," the seven-time Cy Young Award winner said.

From the St. Louis paper... I'm sure there are hundreds of other articles with his same comments.
STLtoday - Sports - Cardinals

Guess he IS dumb enough and a pompous *** to boot!

jose

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Believe what you want but if he did that he might as well hand McNamee a ton of money on a gold platter to save him the trouble of a lawsuit for defamation of character...

** Assuming McNamee can prove he did use steroids..