ESPN+ questions for ISU vs WVU

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
I have ESPN+ but have not used it yet.

Can I start watching the football game late Saturday and still begin it from the beginning of the game? Does it matter if I stop leave the app and try to go back in afterwards, will it pick up at the same point in the game and not lose your spot? Can we fast forward?

Any idea how long games are left up after the game has finished to go in and watch from the beginning?

Reactions: agentbear

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
I have ESPN+ but have not used it yet.

Can I start watching the football game late Saturday and still begin it from the beginning of the game? Does it matter if I stop leave the app and try to go back in afterwards, will it pick up at the same point in the game and not lose your spot? Can we fast forward?

Any idea how long games are left up after the game has finished to go in and watch from the beginning?
My experience is that you can 'restart' a live event from the beginning if you tune in late, you can stop leave the app and re-open the game at a later time (i don't recall 100% if it tracks your stop point, but I believe it does), you can fast forward up to the live broadcast.

I know the UNI game was up for at least a few days - logging in now I don't see that game available any longer, but the KState game is (last E$PN game), so perhaps they only have one game stored in their on-demand library?

Reactions: CyBobby and t-noah

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
anyone know if cyclonefanatic has a link so it supports them when buying espn+. I know there used to be

Reactions: t-noah

Dormeezy

Nov 2, 2006
Cedar Rapids
My biggest (and really only) issue with ESPN+ games is that the pause/rewind/FF functionality is spotty at best. I routinely start watching games a little late and eventually catch up to live by skipping commercials. YouTube.TV can do it, why can't ESPN+?

• Agree
Reactions: agentbear and aobie

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
My biggest (and really only) issue with ESPN+ games is that the pause/rewind/FF functionality is spotty at best. I routinely start watching games a little late and eventually catch up to live by skipping commercials. YouTube.TV can do it, why can't ESPN+?
They don't want to make it easy to skip commercials because it eats into their bloated revenue stream.

That being said, I regularly do that as well, especially during BB season.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
On the app or website no if the game is still going, and if you get behind they will force you live, thats the worst part, forcing you live, but after 2 years of chromecast not working on espn app it finally works, so they are at least trying to fix thing finally. Once the game is over you can watch on demand and then can pause, stop etc. My entire argument to ESPN was at around 2 minutes to go in the UNI game the feed broke, and came back at a few seconds left and they forced you live, the proper thing would have bring it back where it broke and not force you live. If the latter would have done I would not have requested a refund.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
The old Watch ESPN app worked perfect I recall, the new app has been a struggle, but pretty quick after the game is over it will be available on demand and you have full control from my experience.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Right here is our commission link. Thank you!

ESPN +
Perfect! I will use this link here and will be purchasing very soon, today.
Well I thought it would be very easy to subscribe to espn+ but it was a bit of a challenge, and I am fairly tech savvy (3 on 0-10 scale).

First of all the CF link here wouldn't work. Neither would espn+ link w/o the commission link (thru my laptop).

Then I tried it signing up directly thru my AppleTV. That was the way to do it for me. It worked fine.

I am an espn+ subscriber now, ready to watch the game tomorrow (today)! I am just wondering why the CF commission link did not work? I think it was because I had to do it thru Apple TV. I don't really know. So this signing up for streaming service, while not that hard, it wasn't that simple for me either. Signing up for Fubo last year or earlier this year (only did the one month trial) was easier I think.

So referring to the other recent thread where some were making fun of 'older' folks tech ineptitude with streaming type services, it is very true. And I consider myself fairly tech up to date for a boomer. It would be easier to watch games on network TV.

Hopefully in the future, the streaming services will be able to make it very easy, easier than my experience today, to subscribe.

Last edited:
Reactions: CyBobby

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Anybody watched the "Our Time/ UCF Football" series yet on espn+? Our future conference mate. I am watching episode 7 now.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Anyone know the easiest way to sink the radio play by play with the ESPN+ broadcast (without having to subscribe to something else besides ESPN+)? I'm addicted to listening to the Godfather and Eric.

werdnamanhill

(⌐■_■)
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 23, 2017
Eastern IA -> Raleigh, NC -> Madison, WI
Anyone know the easiest way to sink the radio play by play with the ESPN+ broadcast (without having to subscribe to something else besides ESPN+)? I'm addicted to listening to the Godfather and Eric.
Get the Varsity app on your phone. You can listen to the games for free. In my case, the radio was behind the TV, so I paused the TV when the kickoff happened, and then listened for the kickoff on the radio, and hit play when it happened.

• Agree
Reactions: cychhosis

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
Hope the app doesn’t get bogged down with UFC going as well. Login early - I have had issues in the past with ESPN+ on UFC Fights.

Last edited:

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Get the Varsity app on your phone. You can listen to the games for free. In my case, the radio was behind the TV, so I paused the TV when the kickoff happened, and then listened for the kickoff on the radio, and hit play when it happened.
Thanks, but in my case the TV is always behind the radio, so I need to somehow pause the radio.

Help Support Us

Become a patron