ESPN FPI predicts ISU will tie Baylor for 2nd in Big 12.

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
How does Baylor get every tough game at home... ISU, OU, and Texas with a cupcake non conference. I thought they would drop the game @ K-State.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I still think Baylor slips against either Texas, or OSU, and gets beat by Oklahoma with ISU only losing to Oklahoma.

We’d be tied then each with two losses right? And they’d own tie-breaker.

I don’t think any team runs the table against non-OU teams. It will come down to who ends up with only one additional loss OR who can knock off OU.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Well hopefully this means Rhule will be out of Waco at the end of the season. The dude was trying to get an NFL job after year one. I would imagine he will get one if he plays in Dallas.
He signed a contract extension through 2027 this year. Because Baylor is a private school, they don't have to share the buyout but I have to think it's a big buyout if they extended the contract 7 years.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
We’d be tied then each with two losses right? And they’d own tie-breaker.

I don’t think any team runs the table against non-OU teams. It will come down to who ends up with only one additional loss OR who can knock off OU.
No since we would only have 1 conference loss and they would have 2

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
The biggest surprise there is that they give ISU a 63% chance of beating Texas. I think we can compete but I'm not quite as optimistic as their algorithm.
Issue I see is we are up with two minutes left, and then let em march down the field against the prevent to score the winning FG, ala Baylor.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Speak for yourself, my nut cup is firmly entrenched with cheeks clenched for backup.
200.gif

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
How does Baylor get every tough game at home... ISU, OU, and Texas with a cupcake non conference. I thought they would drop the game @ K-State.

Welp, there a thing called a home and road rotation in the Big 12..... ;)

On a serious note, with their easier games on the road, they'll drop at least 1 of those. OU aint losing in Waco. Horns will be favored. Should help Baylor hang with both, but ultimately lose....but Texas looks pretty vulnerable.

In the Big 12 division days ISU always got OU/UT at home one year and on the road the next...and the schedule makers ALWAYS put them on back to back weeks on the schedule for some reason. Im pretty sure every other team split home and road each season with OU/UT. Realignment got us out that set up.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Baylor still has OSU and TCU on the road. I think they drop both of those games. Baylor has had the most convenient big 12 schedule of anyone and they’ve barely scooted by for the most part. They will lose 3-4 big 12 games this year.

TCU is no cake walk and their freshman QB will only get better and better as the season goes along. Baylors game @Okie State this weekend is a big one. Lose that and I think they lose at least 2 of three of @TCU, Texas, Oklahoma to finish Big 12 play at 6-3.

• Agree
Reactions: CaptainClutch