ESPN FIGHT!

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
If I walk through the ghetto carrying a wad of cash in my hand in the open and someone beats me and steals it, is it my fault? NO. But doesn't mean I couldn't have thought about what I was doing a little more.

If a woman goes out to a bar wearing a short skirt and gets raped, is it her fault? NO, but doesn't mean she wasn't asking for it. Am I right, Craig?

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Okay... I'll play. what could she have done in that elevator to get that response from Rice?

did you read what he wrote? he said he tells the members of his family. He never said this female deserved what she got. He says no female deserves that. All he is saying is be smart with you situation you put yourself in. Maybe not the best time to make this statement, granted.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Okay... I'll play. what could she have done in that elevator to get that response from Rice?
A lot of things. There could have been a lot leading up to that. Doubt he just senselessly beat her. Again, doesn't mean this is something she deserved.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
You are blowing this so out of context. I took it as there are ways women can prevent this from happening. He didn't say it's their fault when it does happen. What exactly did he say that isn't true?

let's make sure we don't do anything to provoke wrong actions

Like this??^^

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
If a woman hits me, I will try to stop her. If she keeps hitting me, I should be able to hit back to make her stop. The courts would never agree to that of course but that's how it should be.

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
A lot of things. There could have been a lot leading up to that. Doubt he just senselessly beat her. Again, doesn't mean this is something she deserved.

Like what?

Cychotiic

Nov 27, 2010
Ames
Stephen A wasn't referring to this scenario specifically. All I got out of it was don't talk **** and you more than likely won't get hit. Doesn't work all the time, and I agree that most of the time the opposing party doesn't deserve to get hit (a woman should never be hit by a man), but to jump (not saying you did) on someone for saying not to provoke someone into hitting you is a little extreme.

DreamyCy

Nov 13, 2013
Dont' do anything that will get you hit/beaten/raped. In other words, its your fault for the physical harm another person does to you.

You're not interpreting his words correctly. If a girls being abused by her boyfriend but comtinues to stay with the guy is she not partly to blame for not getting out of that situation? The guy is 100% wrong but at the same time the girl could do a better job of not putting herself in that same situation again. Same goes for the girl that walks around with practically nothing on but complains about guys checking her out.. Put some damn clothes on if you don't like it.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Unfortunately, as proven in this thread, there are still a lot of men who have really thick skulls and really small brains.

Last edited:

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Dont' do anything that will get you hit/beaten/raped. In other words, its your fault for the physical harm another person does to you.
I'm no Stephen A. apologist, but I feel like he didn't mean it the way it came out. I think what he meant was we all need to be better people and there's no reason for violence in any situation. I just think he did a poor job of stating it. Just my take.

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
You're not interpreting his words correctly. If a girls being abused by her boyfriend but comtinues to stay with the guy is she not partly to blame for not getting out of that situation? The guy is 100% wrong but at the same time the girl could do a better job of not putting herself in that same situation again. Same goes for the girl that walks around with practically nothing on but complains about guys checking her out.. Put some damn clothes on if you don't like it.

An abuse victim is never at fault for being abused. NEVER.

-keep

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
"But what I've tried to employ the female members of my family, some of who you all met and talked to and what have you, is that again, and this what, I've done this all my life, let's make sure we don't do anything to provoke wrong actions"

What exactly is he talking about here, then?

He's saying be smart with your situation. That's all.

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Running her mouth saying things she shouldn't say or putting her hands on him. Once again, she didn't deserve it, but there possibly been something she did that could have been prevented.

I can't believe I am reading some of this stuff....

Running your mouth and being hit for it is okay.
I'll excuse myself from this thread for a while.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Unfortunately, as proven in this thread, there are still a lot of men who have really thick skulls and really small brains.

pot-kettle-black.jpg

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
This is so insanely stupid. People realize full well what he meant. Just trying to be self righteous dicks about it.

Give it up Craig. You're fighting with people who just want to twist it to argue.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I can't believe I am reading some of this stuff....

Running your mouth and being hit for it is okay.
I'll excuse myself from this thread for a while.

The pro-domestic abuse stance is a tough one to take, but apparently there are several people on this board that are up for the challenge.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron