ESPN Bubble Watch (2-24-12 Edition)

Clonedep156

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
ISU fans should be Iowa fans for the next 3 games....Iowa winning the last 3 only helps ISU as it would be another good win for ISU

Whoa...Let's not get crazy here. My local newspaper had an article last week about the Hawks making the tournament and I puked. I am baffled that anyone can see them as a tournament team at 14-14 right now. Oh well, I should be used to this by now. I am biased but I see no reason why the Cyclones aren't worthy of the tournament. Let's just get some wins and show everyone that we deserve some respect.

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
I don't care if Iowa wins every other game as long as ISU beats them. As a matter of fact, it just makes the win better. Beat KSU tomorrow. Forget about everything else.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Whoa...Let's not get crazy here. My local newspaper had an article last week about the Hawks making the tournament and I puked. I am baffled that anyone can see them as a tournament team at 14-14 right now. Oh well, I should be used to this by now. I am biased but I see no reason why the Cyclones aren't worthy of the tournament. Let's just get some wins and show everyone that we deserve some respect.

They are 15-13.

I happen to be one that thinks they would squeek in if they win the last 3 and then a couple in the BTT.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
1. I like the 11 or 12 seed, we would most likely play against a "name" team. I'm not sure this team would play a Creighton or Harvard-type team as hard or as focused.
2. Being on the bubble brings a lot of press, plus you know that we will be talked about on selection Sunday quite a bit.
3. Our guys control their destiny, what a nice change after 7 years.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Good but would rather be a lock.

Getting closer, though. "Should be in" is encouraging.

Bubble Watch made it clear from the outset this season, there would every attempt not to move teams to Lock unless it was pretty clear-cut — goal was not to move teams to lock and then have to move them back out.

In all probability, ISU remains at least at Should Be In for rest of regular season. As presented in the description, no more chances for a bad loss.

Would love to see ISU in the Locks column in the next Bubble Watch. :yes:

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
As Bubble Watch says, it's a long shot, because of the weak SOS & bad losses in non-conference. It isn't impossible.
Not impossible, but I fully expect them to choke again here in one or two of the last three games here. They will either lose to Illionis or Nebby. You heard it here first.

Help Support Us

Become a patron