Eric Thompson Video

ISU2007

Feb 12, 2007
North Liberty, IA
I am excited that Zabriske will have another tough workout partner in the room for Z's junior and senior year. Thompson should see three years of Varsity after Z graduates.

isumellie

May 18, 2006
Waukee, IA
I was just about to ask you 2007 about if you thought we should red-shirt Eric. I think we should also because he could learn a lot wrestling against Z every day and he could be really dominate if he adds a little more weight.

c'mon tank

Feb 4, 2008
ET will be a stud. He just keeps improving every year. I could be wrong, but I don't believe he was that great his freshmen year in high school. Three years later he his the best HWT in the nation.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
ET will be a stud. He just keeps improving every year. I could be wrong, but I don't believe he was that great his freshmen year in high school. Three years later he his the best HWT in the nation.

I think he placed as a freshman at 215. That's pretty good for a freshman. Not 100% positive though.

c'mon tank

Feb 4, 2008
my bad, i wasn't sure because I had a couple friends who weren't great that beat him his first year. The one always brags about pinning ET.

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
i think i hate that announcer. eric thompson didnt do much at first, and did not excite me much, but at the end i liked what i saw. it is nice to see someone get excited about wrestling, because i know alot of kids lose their spark right about their senior year. he is definately going to need to get in the weight room, however.

ISU2007

Feb 12, 2007
North Liberty, IA
Illinoiscyclone,

Have you ever seen Jerome Ward wrestle in high school? I have a source that says Jake Varner may move up to 197 next year to make room for Ward at 184. I have seen Ward at wrestling meets and he looks pretty big.

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
ward, in illinois, was nearly legendary. he was such s stud, that he dominated nearly every match. he was also on one of the more stacked teams in recent illinois history, with albert white who was a 4 time state champ. white is at NIACC because of his grades, and just won njcaa's as a freshman. it would be awesome if cael could somehow pull him away from illinois, because i think thats where he is going. talk is that he will probably redshirt next year at NIACC to save a year of eligibility for UIUC. but to answer your question, yes i have seen him wrestle, and he is a beast. he was a 2 time state champ in IL and i know he was an all-american his senior year, probably his junior year too. He only went to St Rita for 2 or 3 years, he probably could have been even better had he gone there all year, and not ever wrestled for gordon tech (an inner city school.) however, this is good news to me, and as long as he is healthy, i think jerome should be a very capable starter.

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
some more accurate facts
keep in mind these are from just before his senior year in hs

Jerome Ward
St. Rita, Chicago
Projected college weight: 184
Background: Ward, the two time Asics All American is a physical specimin. Extremly strong and aggressive on the mat, Ward also plays fullback for the state ranked Mustangs. Still developing as a technical wrestler, Ward's raw talent continues to improve at a speed faster than any other wrestler in Illinois. A third place finish in freestyle this past summer at 189 pounds has mirrored Ward's fast rise to national elite wrestler. Ward has developed into a great shooter who can finish with a pin if need be. Ward's physical, brawling style is a fan favorite and his matches are always must see matches. Clinching his first state title with a 47 and 1 record, the future seems very bright for the states top 189 pounder.

What makes him a top recruit: Ward's ability to physically dominate a match makes it evident that he is a collegiate wrestler waiting on a coach to make him an offer. Ranked as the 19th best college prospect by Intermat, college coaches can find a future college All American waiting at 79th & Western in Chicago.

so he was a three time all american, and a 2 time state champ.