Equipment Sale Feb 5th

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
What’s the right plan of attack if you wanted a jersey? When’s the latest you could get in line?

If one wasn’t worried about a jersey, what’s the right way to go about maximizing getting other stuff?
giphy.gif
A naked George Costanza would get more clearance!

CyState85

May 8, 2019
I’ve never been to one of these before so aside from the jerseys, cleats, etc., is this mostly team issued gear or is it stuff you could get at CY’s Lockeroom or the bookstore?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I’ve never been to one of these before so aside from the jerseys, cleats, etc., is this mostly team issued gear or is it stuff you could get at CY’s Lockeroom or the bookstore?
Team issued gear. Some worn some probably new. Things you wouldnt think about like gymnastic leotards too.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Fair warning, it's a friggin yard sale. People suck and they throw crap everywhere. After about the first 15 minutes this thing makes a TJ Max look organized.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020

I went a few years ago and was able to get brand new Nike tennis shoes for $25 and a nice zip up hoodie for about $15. My husband bough brand new running tights for about $20. We also picked up a few jerseys, but honestly the highlight was being able to get some other athletic gear for a reasonable price.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle

Like others ahve said it's all Team issued stuff. Some used, some new.

Went one year with my roommates and ended up with a jersey. My roommate got a new pair of cleats and a pair of running shoes for like $20/pair.

Agree with the other comments that after the first 15 minutes it's survival of the fittest (unless it's changed). I remember people just grabbing piles of stuff and then going off into corners to sort out what they wanted and just leaving everything else there.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Can anyone that’s been to this advise if there is “normal sized person stuff”? Like I’m a medium bordering on small for Nike gear.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
All I want is a ISU swim and dive backpack- I have been using a Nike howk one and it makes my teeth itch. I got new with tags for 10$ at UI surplus. My daughter used it for 6 years as a volleyball backpack before I got it back a few years ago. Indestructible

CyState85

May 8, 2019
So what is the strategy for getting in line? Do you need to be there hours before it opens?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
All I want is a ISU swim and dive backpack- I have been using a Nike howk one and it makes my teeth itch. I got new with tags for 10$ at UI surplus. My daughter used it for 6 years as a volleyball backpack before I got it back a few years ago. Indestructible
You sure it’s the backpack that makes you itch and not the STDs from the Hawkeye herd. What the hell possessed you to go to an Iowa surplus sale??