Doyle cost Epenesa millions

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Brock definitely seems like the type that would rather "pad his stats" than win games. No wonder our seniors said he and Lima were the two best leaders they've ever been around

Any truth to the rumor that teammates thought Purdy was faking his injury at the end of the bowl game so he wouldnt have to go back in?

I read it somewhere, cannot remember where, but he doesnt seem like that type.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Any truth to the rumor that teammates thought Purdy was faking his injury at the end of the bowl game so he wouldnt have to go back in?

Lol sounds like something you must have read on a Hawkeye message board. No, his teammates have never questioned his toughness as he was playing banged up for over half the year. There's a reason a 19 year old Brock Purdy got voted as a captain by his peers

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Lol sounds like something you must have read on a Hawkeye message board. No, his teammates have never questioned his toughness as he was playing banged up for over half the year. There's a reason a 19 year old Brock Purdy got voted as a captain by his peers

So Campbell was playing an injured player half the year. Yikes!

• Funny
Reactions: Lemmiwinks

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019

What injury did he have this year?

It didnt sound believable as I only read it the one time.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Banged up and injured are 2 different things. Playing with some minor injuries is ok, but Beathard was basically playing on 1 leg and Bud Kilmer played him anyway. I don't know how any other QB would ever want to go to Iowa after that.

• Funny
Reactions: HawkJRP

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Who said Purdy was injured?

I mean this is bad trolling, yet the other Iowa posters on here wont call out hawks:

Stanley had that toughness. He turned his ankle really bad against Nebraska and then leads Iowa on a game winning drive. Purdy has the same injury and had to leave the game against ND.

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

I mean, the bowl game wasn't that long ago, and you can't remember?

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I mean this is bad trolling, yet the other Iowa posters on here wont call out hawks:

Yeah, I'll get right on that.

giphy.gif

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Honest question since you are rational. Will Purdy go down as the greatest QB in the state of Iowa's history when it's all said and done? It will come down to him or Chuck I assume

How many fumbles did Chuck have? How many meaningful bowl games did Chuck play in and win?

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Bad Epenesa --> Good Epenesa --> SOS --> defensive rankings --> Purdy --> ankles --> Chuck Long

Natural progression.

Reactions: JP4CY