Endings, New Beginnings, And Accolades

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by CycloneBBFan, Mar 20, 2017.

1. CycloneBBFan

CycloneBBFan Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2015
    Male
    Meet The Cyclone Future:

Darius McNeil -

Lindell Wigginton

Terrence Lewis

2. Thomasrickj

Thomasrickj Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2012
    General Contractor
    Fairfax, VA
    I think Terrence Lewis is the one I'm the most excited about. Sure, Wigginton is the bigger name and higher rated guy, but everything I've seen of Lewis shows he's legit. He's a fast small forward with a long reach and can score from outside. I think he's ready to make an impact next year and may even be a starter. My guess is our starting lineup next year will be Wigginton, Jackson, Lewis, Juiston, and Young. That's a lineup that could make the tourney. These seniors and their success helped lead us to these recruits that will be making a ton of noise in the next few seasons. For once I can say that ISU has a bright future in hoops ahead with confidence.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Omaha Cy

Omaha Cy Well-Known Member

ISU has the 2nd most Big 12 wins the last 6 seasons. Every other program (besides KU) has taken a substantial dip for at least a season. Hopefully ISU can stay tourney bound next season, but if not, the incoming group can continue to build off the success we've seen, and get us back here soon.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. CycoCyclone

CycoCyclone Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Male
    Business Analyst
    Urbandale
    I'm not crying....is someone cutting onions?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Die4Cy

Die4Cy Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2010
    I live dunk videos as much as the next guy, but I'd love to see a video that shows these 4/5 guys bring wicked passers out of the low post.

With a young team, getting wide open looks will be key to getting on a roll.

6. CTTB78

CTTB78 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2006
    Well written aeticle from WRNL. Thanks for posting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. rholtgraves

rholtgraves Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Really sad to see these guys go.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BWRhasnoAC

BWRhasnoAC Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Superintendent
    Des Moines
    Live in the moment. I enjoyed every second of this senior class. All great men, ambassadors, students and community members. Thank you to all the seniors for their effort and commitment.

We have the fanbase, the culture, and the coach to make this thing keep on rolling. Players like Wigginton and Lewis will be a huge factor in how far this team will go in the future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
    Male
    The WRNL article is what inspired me to make this thread. I recommend every Cyclone read that one. They hit a home run.

10. CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
    Male
    Terrence Lewis at 6'6" is a stud. He looks like a cold blooded sniper IMO. From what I understand his 3 shooting percentage is off the charts but I haven't verified. Prohm recruited Lewis because he was searching for the next Abdel Nader. I think he found him.

Did I miss something? Did Juiston sign with ISU?

11. I-stateTheTruth

I-stateTheTruth Active Member

Nov 13, 2016
    Male
    No, that's wishful thinking at the moment; even KU is after Julston. I think if we don't land some study JUCO or grad transfers, we may have a big rebuilding year like UT and OU had this year. D-Jack can't do it by himself. With a couple of pieces and big leaps forward by some of the returners (and a little Hilton Magic), maybe we can make some noise and get back to the tourney. I'm no expert, maybe Wiggington, Lard and Lewis come in and are able to contribute at a high level right away and we can finish in the upper half of the league. Can't wait to see what the next season brings.

• Like Like x 1
  12. CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
    Male
    I'll be pissed if Kansas get Juiston. I see Bill Self making offers more and more to players ISU wants after we make the initial offer. What a snake.

13. I-stateTheTruth

I-stateTheTruth Active Member

Nov 13, 2016
    Male
    Yeah, I can't speak to whether that's happening more than it used to but if so, it could be that we're in the mix for more high-level players that we used to be

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Thomasrickj

Thomasrickj Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2012
    General Contractor
    Fairfax, VA
    No, we have not signed Juiston, but my guess is we land him. He has a better chance to start from day one at ISU than Kansas. I think it's between us two and have to give the edge to ISU to land him.

• Like Like x 1
  15. CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
    Male
    I hope you are right. Juiston would be icing on the cake for a stellar incoming class. Within two years the Cyclones would be a very dangerous team with a deep bench.

16. cymac2408

cymac2408 Active Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Mailman
    Urbandale IA
    Come back Old Yeller

• Funny Funny x 1