Encounter at Grocery Store

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Hi All,

I saw the strangest behavior at a grocery store a couple Fridays ago and how odd it was is still making me laugh.

I am sure you have all seen the demos or samples that stores will have sprinkled throughout the store and in their side departments. Most humans with a slight sense of etiquette would realize that they are there to taste, not to use as your personal appetizer.

Anyways, I was standing within earshot of a sample station filled with salami and this guy was going to town on the freebies. The nice young lad behind the deli counter even came up to him and politely asked if there was anything he needed help with. This guy responded sarcastically with "Nope, just stealing your free food" and closed with a condescending laugh towards the young man.

I could not believe it. Some place in his world he probably thinks he deserves all the samples or the store owes him something because he regularly shops there.

Thoughts?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Hi All,

I saw the strangest behavior at a grocery store a couple Fridays ago and how odd it was is still making me laugh.

I am sure you have all seen the demos or samples that stores will have sprinkled throughout the store and in their side departments. Most humans with a slight sense of etiquette would realize that they are there to taste, not to use as your personal appetizer.

Anyways, I was standing within earshot of a sample station filled with salami and this guy was going to town on the freebies. The nice young lad behind the deli counter even came up to him and politely asked if there was anything he needed help with. This guy responded sarcastically with "Nope, just stealing your free food" and closed with a condescending laugh towards the young man.

I could not believe it. Some place in his world he probably thinks he deserves all the samples or the store owes him something because he regularly shops there.

Thoughts?
Sounds like a giant tool.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Hi All,

Thoughts?

This seems vaguely familiar

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
5/10 parody thread. Not bad, but could be better
vauEUgn.gif

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
First of all, be honest. We all know you were at Wal Mart. I am surprised they set out meat samples that close to the discount Hawk merch.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
This happens in every single store that put out free samples on a daily basis. Not sure why we needed a thread on this. Whats next, the lady in front of you in the express lane who writes out a check for her $10 of groceries?

Reactions: YeahBuddy

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
This happens in every single store that put out free samples on a daily basis. Not sure why we needed a thread on this. Whats next, the lady in front of you in the express lane who writes out a check for her $10 of groceries?
Writing a check for groceries anything else in any lane for any amount is unacceptable.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron