Email to KXNO about JDMiller...

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Jon, people will come Jon. They'll come to Iowa State for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. Of course, we won't mind if you look around, you'll say. It's only $90 per person. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the sidelines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come Jon. The one constant through all the years, Jon, has been football. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But football has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Jon. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Jon. People will most definitely come.

(Apologies to W.P. Kinsella for my non-artistic license.)

We've seen his plans, and some people may think he's crazy, but Jamie will build it, and they will come.

Is this heaven? No, It's Iowa State.

uthaman

Oct 18, 2006
Des Moines
IowaFan22: man I wish I could draw you a picture. Maybe then you would understand...

I wonder if your buddy JonDMiller included things like "Cyclone crap" (aka, moron) and "little brother" (aka, moron) in his classy email to Jamie Pollard?

Maybe you and JonDMiller can get a chuckle or two out of this whole thing at the next squawkeye game watch. Personally, I could care less. Although, I am enjoying this witty banter... :biggrin9gp:

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I can sure tell that Jon d Miller is NOT an ECONOMICS MAJOR!!!!

Hay Jon if you haven't heard, its called the Law of Supply & Demand! Thats all it is!!

Here's a revelation Jonny Boy: The single game tickets for Texas at Texas A & M this year are $120 bucks per ticket!! Heck $90 tickets look like a good deal compared to that!

And yes if my bro and me can buy four single game tickets to the thanksgiving weekend game at College Station TX, we will be in the stands with our spouses!

If fans want to go they will buy the tickets and go regardless of price!

Go Clones Beat The Hawks....BAD BAD BAD.....

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
These $90 are only going to be available in the 4000 ticket allotment to EIU. Seeing as those will be released to donors from the top down, only the biggest Iowa donors will even have a chance at these tickets. To the people who will actually see these tickets, $90 is pocket change. It's a smart business move. I wouldn't expect any more because Jamie knows how to run his business.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
So what was Jon's MAJOR announcement/discussion about the contract issue he kept hyping up?

He talked about it here and on HN but I don't recall reading anything about this life-changing revelation...

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
Another silly analogy.

Did Jon call anyone a moron in the past two days? Don't think so.

And regarding his discussions of the contract and the 20% - if anyone looks bad - it's Iowa for agreeing to it. And he clearly stated that too.

But by all means - continue wearing your Cardinal & Gold colored glasses when listening to the show - assuming you did actually listen to it.

Where's your reasoning and evidence for this? I mean come on...it's easy stuff to figure out...Cardinal & Gold Glasses don't work for the radio, it's Cardinal & Gold Earmuffs for Radio.

Sarcasm.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Basically that Iowa is getting screwed by ISU in what the pay us for a game in Kinnick, versus what they make coming to JTS. Both teams get 20% of the game at the other's venue. Because Iowa can hold roughly 15K more, and ticket prices being equal, we'll always see more on our trips there, than they will here. I don't know what the other details are, I'm sure there are.

Somehow I don't see Bowlsby or Gene Smith being incredibly ignorant on the issue, but we all know that message board posters and radio talking heads know more about everything than the people who's job it actually is.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
Its funny that if this happened to the Nebraska game not one Cornhusker would argue. They would know that ISU is trying to finance a successful football team. Reason being.... THEY WANT ISU TO GET BETTER to make the north more competitive. Almost any Cornhusker fan will tell you this.

Iowa fans don't want us catching up in resources, ESPECIALLY when it comes from their fans, even though it can only help the rivalry in the long run. But whatever.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Thanks for clarifying that for me Jon, I appreciate your input.

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
I went to the ISU-UNI basketball game this year and paid $30 per ticket. Every other game for UNI this year has $15 tickets. They are doing what everybody else is doing and charging what the market will bear.

Help Support Us

Become a patron