Ellis Hobbs to the Eagles...

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Still remember Ellis picking off that Iowa pass when they were top 10 and we spanked them in Ames.

He had a lot of plays like that. I hope to see some more defenisive plays like that soon in Ames!

That was LaMarcus Hicks. Ellis graduated after the 2004 season.

jbing

Dec 27, 2007
Ankeny, IA
www.jeremybingaman.com
Gotcha

It's just weird. You hear all these guys spouting off their colleges and then Ellis throws out his HS. I don't really care, it's just kind of annoying. I'll still watch him play.

Ellis isn't the only one to do it. Even Justin Hartwig (who went to Valley in WDM) said Valley on the Super Bowl, even though he's just as proud to have gone to Kansas.

Reactions: 06_CY

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Loved whatching the little guy excel in the pros, wish he could be on better team to root for than the patriots and eagles but I will always be a fan of Ellis Hobbs III! Plus he loves Iowa State people, give it a rest.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
Just trying to get my facts straight, did Rhoads ever coach Hobbs or help recruit him? And Ash was his secondary coach, correct? Hopefully that will be good enough for him to say "Iowa State" again.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
I can't believe people havn't realized the ellis hobbs video was taped once and then replayed every game the rest of the year.

Don't worry. That was explained here every time it happened and people kept complaining. They will never be happy.

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco
Gotcha

It's just weird. You hear all these guys spouting off their colleges and then Ellis throws out his HS. I don't really care, it's just kind of annoying. I'll still watch him play.

I would say it's gotten to be about 60/40 players saying their college to their high school. It's become the "cool" thing to do. Plus, when they are featured, they typically show their school name as well. So, maybe some just like to show both? Either way, I've never lost one second of sleep as a result of it. Fact is that people wouldn't notice, if we had more players in the NFL. And I could less which school he announces if he's starting in a Super bowl for the Eagles. ;-)

MoreCowbell

Apr 23, 2009
I can't believe people havn't realized the ellis hobbs video was taped once and then replayed every game the rest of the year.
I'm not a moron, I realize they tape those things at the beginning of the year and then reuse them throughout the season.

I would say it's gotten to be about 60/40 players saying their college to their high school. It's become the "cool" thing to do. Plus, when they are featured, they typically show their school name as well. So, maybe some just like to show both? Either way, I've never lost one second of sleep as a result of it. Fact is that people wouldn't notice, if we had more players in the NFL. And I could less which school he announces if he's starting in a Super bowl for the Eagles. ;-)
I guess I haven't heard high schools mentioned much, so that's why it just seems weird to me.

My husband's just happy I got involved in the Fantasy Football league at my office so I don't complain when he has football on all day Sunday from August-January.

Cylax51

Apr 8, 2009
Lisbon, IA
Ok, as much and the high school thing ****ed me off, the ISU connection is good. I enjoy watching Ellis, and now that he is not on the Pats, I am smiling big time

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco
This has to be the worst ****ing trade ever.

If you truly are an Ellis fan, this is a GREAT trade for you. The Eagles are constantly sending CB's to the Pro Bowl. i.e. Bobby Taylor, Troy Vincent, Sheldon Brown, Lito Shepard, and now his former Patriot teammate Assante Samuel. Jim Johnson has an outstanding defense that really features the secondary, and I think that Hobbs could really excel in it. I hope he can live up to the expectations that have been set for that position in Philly...

Last edited:

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
I thought it was a good pick for both teams. Ellis is in his last year of his contract and the Patriots weren't going to sign him after the season. They got 2 picks for him which is better than getting nothing right? Ellis gets out of New England where a bunch of people were blaming him for the Super Bowl loss 2 years ago, he gets the chance to maybe put up good numbers playing as the 3rd cb in a very good defense in Philly.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
He said "the up and coming Iowa State University" his rookie year. He switched to his high school after Mac was fired.

This now makes sense. I can why he changed from us to saying high school if he saw the program get rid the coach who recruited him and is the reason he is playing in the NFL, and had success and took us to bowl games for a high profile bust of a coach who drove the program into the ground. If I were him I would do the same thing.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
Yeah and I think that had mac been fired for deserving reasons he'd have understood but doing it the way that pollard did it most likely ticked him off

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron