Eli chooses, Fran loses

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
Is he definitely playing bball and not football? He has a lot of offers for both right? Or am I looking at the wrong king?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Stop, your internet tough guy persona is dumb. I am not racist. The Thug U reference was used by an clone poster first, ISU is not Thug U. I think of players like Brad Davidson, or Kevin McHale or Dennis Rodman or Draymond Green. Guys like that who make the game dangerous. The original use of the word Thug is derived from early days of white people acting in violent or criminal ways. Thugs are not about black people unless you exclusively want it to be.

So you would surely label lots of Iowa players as thugs over the past few years, correct?

Shoving, pulling, eye poking repeatedly in the same game, screaming at refs (not just the coach) after a basic foul call (you can't hold onto the person dribbling or getting open), and body slamming make the game dangerous.

Thug U was absolutely a catch phrase from Iowa fans when Hoiberg was having success. It was intentional. I remember after a brawl from iirc Cinci-Xavier one year, there were several posts on social media from Hok fans expecting the same thing from Iowa State with absolutely no basis to come to that conclusion.

What was Fran referencing when he said he didn't recruit thugs? Especially with the way his players consistently behave?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
So you would surely label lots of Iowa players as thugs over the past few years, correct?

Shoving, pulling, eye poking repeatedly in the same game, screaming at refs (not just the coach) after a basic foul call (you can't hold onto the person dribbling or getting open), and body slamming make the game dangerous.

Thug U was absolutely a catch phrase from Iowa fans when Hoiberg was having success. It was intentional. I remember after a brawl from iirc Cinci-Xavier one year, there were several posts on social media from Hok fans expecting the same thing from Iowa State with absolutely no basis to come to that conclusion.

What was Fran referencing when he said he didn't recruit thugs? Especially with the way his players consistently behave?
Take race out of the equation, look at the reason for some if not all of those initial transfers. Regardless of race, what would you say about those players initially if they played for or went to another team? With that type of baggage?

And I absolutely disliked the way some Iowa players have carried themselves over the years. I am not blind to that at all. I also do not like someone like Wegher from the football team, or McCabe from the basketball team with how they represented Iowa. I also think those guys are "thugs". There are plenty more. I would also categorize Pierce as scum of the earth. Does that make me racist?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Take race out of the equation, look at the reason for some if not all of those initial transfers. Regardless of race, what would you say about those players initially if they played for or went to another team? With that type of baggage?

And I absolutely disliked the way some Iowa players have carried themselves over the years. I am not blind to that at all. I also do not like someone like Wegher from the football team, or McCabe from the basketball team with how they represented Iowa. I also think those guys are "thugs". There are plenty more. I would also categorize Pierce as scum of the earth. Does that make me racist?

What baggage? How does that translate to predicting them getting into a brawl in the game?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Dude. You are so far out of line it is insane. Just admit you should never have made the post. Stop defending it. It is, and will always be wrong. Just like recruiting is changing and Fran should adapt, you should adapt to the ever morphing reality of racial tropes. You **** the bed. Admit it and we can move on.
OK, I will admit that you are ultra sensative to this situation by how some Iowa fans categorized Freds teams a few years ago. That was wrong and I am sorry my post brought back those memories for you. It was wrong of me to use the word Thug.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
What baggage? How does that translate to predicting them getting into a brawl in the game?
I do not know what you are talking about with the brawl. I am talking about why the initial transfers were dismissed from their teams. The VERY first few guys.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I do not know what you are talking about with the brawl. I am talking about why the initial transfers were dismissed from their teams. The VERY first few guys.

And what about those situations translates to the way they behaved while at ISU or on the court?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Nothing, but they had baggage and a history.

Like what? Royce White had stuff. Still has stuff.

Still didn't justify labeling a school Thug U or expecting them to get into a brawl in a game while being the fan of a team that has players that get by by being violent and cheap.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Like what? Royce White had stuff. Still has stuff.

Still didn't justify labeling a school Thug U or expecting them to get into a brawl in a game while being the fan of a team that has players that get by by being violent and cheap.
You think those MSU guys did not? have you seen what cover ups have happened there recently?