Eli chooses, Fran loses

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
My point was that Fran has done exactly what a lot of fans would like for their basketball teams in general, make the tournament a lot. The issue is that he hasn’t done anything else besides that. Anything at all. So he’s not bad enough to fire, but he isn’t good enough to succeed past where he’s gotten.

It’s certainly a conundrum.
On top of that Fran is about as unlikable as they come

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
My point was that Fran has done exactly what a lot of fans would like for their basketball teams in general, make the tournament a lot. The issue is that he hasn’t done anything else besides that. Anything at all. So he’s not bad enough to fire, but he isn’t good enough to succeed past where he’s gotten.

It’s certainly a conundrum.
What it comes down to is if you're goal is to grow or to be relevant. There is comfort in staying relevant for many. The goal should be to grow.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I think the main reason Iowa fans are content with Fran is that they saw with Lickliter how close they are to being completely irrelevant with one bad hire.

If Rhoads had been able to maintain 6-7 wins a year with home wins over Iowa and an annual Big 12 upset, he would still have a job and Jack Trice would be packed for every game.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think the main reason Iowa fans are content with Fran is that they saw with Lickliter how close they are to being completely irrelevant with one bad hire.

If Rhoads had been able to maintain 6-7 wins a year with home wins over Iowa and an annual Big 12 upset, he would still have a job and Jack Trice would be packed for every game.
Some of that may be true but Carver hasn't exactly been packed during Fran's tenure and CPR didn't maliciously treat people bad like Fran does. The thing with Fran that I'll never understand is why he still has that ******* chip on his shoulder. Dude, you're coaching your kids, you won't lose your job, what can be that bad to just carry that vibe everywhere?

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Some of that may be true but Carver hasn't exactly been packed during Fran's tenure and CPR didn't maliciously treat people bad like Fran does. The thing with Fran that I'll never understand is why he still has that ******* chip on his shoulder. Dude, you're coaching your kids, you won't lose your job, what can be that bad to just carry that vibe everywhere?

Philly, man.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

NDMARTIN2015

Jun 7, 2018
Des Moines
Karaban would be huge. Looks like IU and Purdue are the favorites so far, wonder if he has family in Indiana. On a nerdy note, I read his name as “karazhan” the raid in world of Warcraft lol.

Reactions: cyclonehomer

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez

Barf....

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
Karaban would be huge. Looks like IU and Purdue are the favorites so far, wonder if he has family in Indiana. On a nerdy note, I read his name as “karazhan” the raid in world of Warcraft lol.
The Indiana offer was before the new staff so who knows how they stand now.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
So does Iowa really lead for him? If so, that sucks. He's going to be really good.