Ejim on Canadian National Team

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Link
Hopefully he plays well and is able to impress more NBA teams. You'll notice a few other big 12 players on the roster as well.

• Disagree
Reactions: cyclones360

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Glad to be back in Canada.
1f341.png
1f341.png
Vegas was fun, I thank @spurs for being a first class organization. Excited for this next journey w/ CMNT

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Ejim should go earn some really nice money in Europe after he plays on the National team. He will do really well over there.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines

Obviously there hasn't been any news about the Spurs giving Ejim a contract after summer league concluded, but I don't think the two are related. Olynyk is on the roster and he for sure has a guaranteed NBA contract with Boston. I'm pretty sure some of those other guys are NBA rosters as well.

Is this the roster they are forming their FIBA World Championship team from? If so, I'm surprised that some of the bigger Canadian names like Wiggins or Tristan Thompson aren't included. Those guys are still young, it's not like some of the U.S. guys that opt out of the national teams because of high mileage on their bodies.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
Does this mean that the Spurs cut him?
He never had a contract with the Spurs so there isn't anything to cut him from. Besides, this is separate from anything to do with the NBA. Several of these players (Joseph, Sacre, Olynyk) are currently under contract with NBA teams. This is to get in a bunch of scrimmages overseas to prepare for the FIBA World Cup to be held in late August-early September in Spain. I don't know if these are the ONLY players that they will bring to Spain for the World Cup but I doubt it. Odds are this is just to give these players experience competing overseas. The guys that have already competed internationally for Canada (Wiggins, etc...) will probably still be eligible to compete at the FIBA World Cup if they choose to.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Canadian bball has some great young talent. Mel could be on some really good teams the next few years.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Canadian bball has some great young talent. Mel could be on some really good teams the next few years.

Canada may have the most nba players now of a foreign country. Last year france had 9 and Canada had 8, know Canada added at least wiggins but not sure who else will be cut or make teams.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Canada may have the most nba players now of a foreign country. Last year france had 9 and Canada had 8, know Canada added at least wiggins but not sure who else will be cut or make teams.
I would be surprised if Nik Stauskas wasn't playing next year as well

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Melvin had 7 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, and 5 fouls in 18 minutes during Canada's opening win of Olympic qualifying.

The opening highlight in this video is an Ejim alley-oop finish
[video=youtube;Qd0TwWVBcOU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd0TwWVBcOU[/video]

Their next game is tomorrow at 5:30AM central time against Senegal.

McKinney

Feb 1, 2012
McKinney, TX
Melvin had 7 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, and 5 fouls in 18 minutes during Canada's opening win of Olympic qualifying.

Great hands!

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

And according to Iowa State's twitter, the team that Canada played was ranked much higher than the Canadian team....so that was a good win. It would be pretty awesome if Canada could somehow sneak into the Olympics!