eiu athletics self-sufficient? Not so fast my friend.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Interesting. Which also bring up the question of who is iowa state bowling the 30 mil from for this years shortfall?
Not sure where they are coming up with the funds but it is 20 MM not 30. They were able to lessen the loss.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Be careful here. ISU may need to finance shortfalls, too.
There's definitely that possibility but Iowa fans have ran their mouths for years about how the B1G is better, gives bigger payouts, etc. All you have to do is search and find the posts, they're out there.

I'm more fascinated how their AD is still employed. Does any AD in the Country have his skeletons?

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Be careful here. ISU may need to finance shortfalls, too.

Yes, fine, borrow to cover the shortfall, that's acceptable. But borrow from a financial institution, like a real company. Not raiding $50 Million from a non-profit(?) hospital at very likely minimal rates.

Serious questions:
who owns the UIHC?
is the UIHC a non-profit corporation?
what are the rules on excess cash for non-profits?
when people donate funds to the UIHC Stead Childrens hospital, are they in effect throwing money into a pot owned by the UIHC that they just lent out to the Iowa AD?

Where's our forensic accountants??? This is the Teapot Dome, but the CRG and DMR will bury the lead. Where's our Erin Brokovich?

Reactions: jcyclonee

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I believe "endowed" is the official term. Sounds snootier.
I don’t understand how the HC position can be endowed. Endowed generally means money is there and those funds will handle the costs of that position for basic perpetuity. Kirk makes 5MM and the endowment has 10MM. Unless Frankie Garza is putting it in his Ponzi scheme, that handles it for 2 years basically.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Of course they will - 95% of all public d1 schools will finance. Whether they borrow from the University or issue bonds - not much different.

The majority of iowa fans won't understand what I just stated. LOL.
Just like you didn't understand what you typed when you talked about the commerce clause?

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Just like you didn't understand what you typed when you talked about the commerce clause?
Help me out - how does the commerce clause affect an athletic department (legally a division of our regents' universities) to finance a shortfall?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Help me out - how does the commerce clause affect an athletic department (legally a division of our regents' universities) to finance a shortfall?
No. I was mocking your post about the commerce clause recently. Was that not you? If so, my bad.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
No. I was mocking your post about the commerce clause recently. Was that not you? If so, my bad.
Not me. The only thing I know about the commerce clause is that our federal government has some deep-seated powers to help interstate commerce. Beyond that, I don't know anything about it. No big deal.....

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Not me. The only thing I know about the commerce clause is that our federal government has some deep-seated powers to help interstate commerce. Beyond that, I don't know anything about it. No big deal.....
My bad. I apologize for the bad memory.