Either (outside of defense)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
We don't have the talent to compete, or, we don't have the coaching talent to prepare the kids to compete. Same for last year. Should have been the most successful team in history of the program. Total nut sack job in 21. So if it's not the kids, it's the coaching staff. Something has to change.

Reactions: Drew0311

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
It's just poor coaching. Constant disorganization. Guys out of position. Missed blocks. Not paying attention. Poor throws.

It all comes down to poor organization.

FilthyShadow

Sep 21, 2011
O-line can't move anyone nor pass block. Kickers can't place it between the uprights. 5 turnovers and a wide open TD pass dropped. Shouldn't have even been as close as it was.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I think the talent is more than sufficient. The coaching and development of the players is abyssmal.

Guys get worse in the system. They cannot execute correctly. They just are poorly coached.

Polar opposite of the defense.
Yeah, this is right. Every physical mistake is amplified because we have so many mental breakdowns.

Look at tge o line, is the regression of several of our guys on them? Of course not, it's Piss poor development.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
These kids (excluding defense) are not prepared to play, week in and week out. And not just this year. What a waste of good talent, effort, alumni support, etc. etc. That TALK is over Matt. Time to DO something.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I think the talent is more than sufficient. The coaching and development of the players is abyssmal.

Guys get worse in the system. They cannot execute correctly. They just are poorly coached.

The talent is sufficient everywhere except OL, kicker, and punter IMO.

Reactions: isutrevman

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Manning an Deckkers spells losers
I don't think Dekkers is the main problem. He could have 2-3 game winning drives this year and 5-6 more TDs if the WR's could catch. How is the WR coach escaping all criticism this year? Worst year for dropped passes I can ever remember. Their blocking on screen passes is also terrible compared to past seasons where it was a strength.

• Agree
Reactions: BigLame

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!

Is it the sufficient enough? Ignore the bull$#!+ from media and fans, look at recruiting rankings. It’s better, but is it enough? The offense staff should be under serious review.