Re: Eikmeier Scores 42!

Just 56 more to tie Lucca's high school mark! :smile:

Last edited:

necromancy

Sep 11, 2007
Des Moines, Iowa
Re: Eikmeier Scores 42!

WHAT? Please explain
According to a previous interview with Lucca, and corroborated by an entry in the Free Lucca petition, Lucca once scored 102 points in a single game in the German youth program. 42+56=98, so I'm not sure where the 56 came from. Anyway, that's the back story.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
It makes you wonder how that Linn-Marr kid is so highly rated playing in a similiar type small school conference and Eikmeier is not because it looks like Eikmeier is putting up un-godly like numbers.

CyRide3

Jul 23, 2007
It makes you wonder how that Linn-Marr kid is so highly rated playing in a similiar type small school conference and Eikmeier is not because it looks like Eikmeier is putting up un-godly like numbers.

I would guess that it has something to do with Wes' early committment and maybe he didn't have as much exposure (tournament selection) with the guys doing the rating as Gibbs. From what I've been told you only get rated if you have been seen.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Hope Wes has a quick release. That will be a big part of whether he is successful. Also, is he athletic (can he jump at least avg. for his height??). Someone was posting he is "quick" so I'm hoping it means he has athleticism and isn't just a shooter ala Brock.

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Wes is an excelent ballhandler and he had a dunk in Saturadays game.

MaxPower57

Mar 30, 2006
This sounds awesome, if we can get that sharpshooter (who can also dunk) I think everything will really fall in place to coincide w/ Garrett's slashing, WJs intermediate game, and Brackins down low. Throw in unknowns like Lucca, Buckley, and so on and this team may be something to be reckoned with! Then bring in Dykstra, Barnes, Stevens, etc. (hopefully) and Hilton Magic may be back. Gotta Believe!

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Hope Wes has a quick release. That will be a big part of whether he is successful. Also, is he athletic (can he jump at least avg. for his height??). Someone was posting he is "quick" so I'm hoping it means he has athleticism and isn't just a shooter ala Brock.

This post is "spot on".

I'm in my 40s and I can still knock them down from long range...my only problem is that I can't get open to shoot anymore in the game! This is precisely why so many "great HS shooters" cannot make it in CBB...it is a more athletic game played by more athletic players. If you do not have a quick release and you are not athletic enough to get open then you really can't play on the next level. Not to mention the quick close-outs by defenders in CBB mean you better be able to hit the shot with someone in your face.

What is the height / weight of this kid? He looks kind of scrawny in the pictures (as does pretty much everyone, frankly). Do Iowa and Nebraska HSs typically have a strength and conditioning coach? I know that my son's HS does and I do not see one kid in these pictures that would appear to have the upper body strength that nearly everyone on my son's team has. Just curious.

markshir

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Stinson, Sullivan, Tinsley.

All of these guys were not the most "athletic" of players, in fact, they struggled to dunk the ball, but had enough quickness and other skills that more than made up for what they lacked. You don't need to be able to jump (Blalock, Taylor) to be a good (or great) guard in the Big 12.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006

All of these guys were not the most "athletic" of players, in fact, they struggled to dunk the ball, but had enough quickness and other skills that more than made up for what they lacked. You don't need to be able to jump (Blalock, Taylor) to be a good (or great) guard in the Big 12.

Personally, I don't equate "athleticism" to purely jumping as it seems you do. I would consider both Stinson and Tinsley to be relatively athletic. Sullivan was clearly not very athletic.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
Eik sound like he will be a really good pick up. I"m suprised he doesn't get his name out there more. With Wes Eikmeier and Lucca from downtown, we'll be a more athletic version of Mcdermott's UNI teams. I can really see wes' being a Ben Jacobsen off of UNI type player. It really sounds like that he could be right now.

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN

I read this as though you don't think Will Blalock was a good jumper? I remember a game where he dunked it off an alley oop pass......although Will didn't throw it down often, I always considered him to have good "hops"

markshir

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Blalock and Taylor were my examples of guards that could really get up there... both of them could definitely jump. Blalock also had very long arms, which comes in handy.

As for the others that I listed... I know there's more to athleticism than pure jumping, but I don't think Tinsley or Stinson were overly athletic. They both had quick hands and a knack for being where they were supposed to be. Tinsley was slippery... but I wouldn't call him athletic compared to some point guards.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron