Eat it, Albert.

FirNaTine

Sep 3, 2006
Mason City
I see it this way: Someone who doesn't take his team to the playoffs doesn't deserve to win the MVP," Pujols said in Spanish. Thats all he said in the article if you think thats crying or whinning you need some thicker skin. Just speaking his piece, which I believe he has the right to do. Kinda like all of us on this board

Warder60

Jun 2, 2006
Denver
I'll start out by saying I'm an Astros fan. Cards have always been my #2 team . (probably because I lived in Houston several years as a kid, but had family and a dad from St. Louis)

This doesn't surprise me. Pujols has more and more been striking me as a selfish, stuck up, s.o.b. I think I first started feeling that way mid season 05. I remember there being a lot of things I've since forgotten but the "bad taste" lingers.
One thing that irks me: How he stands there and watches his homeruns. When a player on his level hits a homerun, they know it leaving the bat. Pujols reaction is to stand there and watch it like it's the first time. Comes across as gloating to me, would rather he just drop the bat and jog the bases. Just next season, pay attention to how, say, Berkman reacts to a homerun vs. Pujols.
And 2nd irk: the skypoint, especially double skypoint. I believe God has better things to do than help you swing a bat and get overpaid.

(but as long as you keep up the charities and what not, I'm not going to complain too loudly)

Oh, and of course, I'm just biased because of the Lidge-shot in the 05 series.

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
First of all im not ur buddy... but im sorry I see that is the off-topic forum now. Sorry im a newbie here.

"Why can't weeee be friends? Why can't weee be friends?" Sorry, it is a catchy tune and I couldn't help myself. :rofl8yi:

joshf80

Mar 26, 2006
While the Cubs are being mentioned......You know something is wrong with baseball when there are 3 Cubs bats getting paid more than the best player in the game! Cubs are the most desperate team in any sport and their recent splurge might pan out or it might end up costing them future success for decades.....

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
While the Cubs are being mentioned......You know something is wrong with baseball when there are 3 Cubs bats getting paid more than the best player in the game! Cubs are the most desperate team in any sport and their recent splurge might pan out or it might end up costing them future success for decades.....

Well keep in mind, they have the money. They can rank up there with the yanks and red sox. The cubs are not like the Marlins where they spends gob of money, win the series and then let everyone go because they cant afford them. They have done that twice now.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA

So, who is the best player in the game?

Looks like it was Ryan Howard this year. Not sure what they're paying him, though. Hopefully more than Poo-Holes the Whiner.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
As a devout Cardinals fan, I must say that one thing that has begun to bother me about Pujols is his sometimes sneaky ugly side. He does great things on the field and off, but then sometimes he says something like this, or he flips his bat when he's pissed. He may be a fantastic player, but he hasn't developed the leadership or class that you would expect from someone in his position. Don't get me wrong, I love Albert, but he has some growing up to do. I'm glad he has teammates like Scott Rolen, Jim Edmonds, Chris Carpenter, and David Eckstein.

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Why all the Pujols bashing? The guy was making an argument for why he thought he should have won the MVP. That's not whining. It's being honest. I look at all the selfish players out there that dog it on the field and in the off-season, I wish there were more athletes like Pujols for my oldest son to look up to. (Pujols is his current idol. Much better than when he looked up to Bonds.) As far as MVP, I don't have a problem with Howard, although I would have given the edge to Pujols. The voters went for the sexy HR numbers.

As far as salaries, the combined salaries of Howard (NL MVP) and Morneau (AL MVP) add to less than a million dollars.

shildreth

Mar 28, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
He is just mad because eventually someone is going to find his original birth certificate that shows he is really 38 right now. :)

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
As a devout Cardinals fan, I must say that one thing that has begun to bother me about Pujols is his sometimes sneaky ugly side. He does great things on the field and off, but then sometimes he says something like this, or he flips his bat when he's pissed. He may be a fantastic player, but he hasn't developed the leadership or class that you would expect from someone in his position. Don't get me wrong, I love Albert, but he has some growing up to do. I'm glad he has teammates like Scott Rolen, Jim Edmonds, Chris Carpenter, and David Eckstein.

I wouldn't be tossing Jim Edmonds into that same list. The others are OK, though.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Um since when did D Lee win the MVP? Pujols won it last yeard bud.

Pujols should not make this complaint. His team was worse than the Phillies throughout the season and thanks to being in a horse **** division were able to make the playoffs. All the credit in the world to them for winning it but don't become all high and mighty. Howard's hitting in the clutch was....clutch! When the playoffs were on the line, he was the hottest. That is true clutch. He had many game winning hits

Is Howard better than Pujols? Of course not. Anyone who says that doesn't know the game of baseball. But Howard, this year was deserving of that award. Quit crying Pujols. Are Pujols true colors starting to show?

I was referring to the all star game a few years back.

Pujols himself said that Lee deserved it (the start)

2 years ago maybe?

Help Support Us

Become a patron