Easy Class?

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
I took some HDFS class early in my senior year (the first one) that was like Childrens literature ... literally reading coloring books and reporting on them.

It was so stupid I had get out after the first 2 classes so I dropped it. Very high freshman girl content ... but just really stupid.

isuarch80

Sep 25, 2006
Dallas, TX
HRI 383 (I know the number is around that) - Intro to Beverages.

Half the semester is dealing with wines from around the world, and wine tasting and the other half deals with beers, whiskeys, and vodkas and other liquors. Every class has a tasting. You do have to read some of the book, but there's a field trip to the bar, and a tasting on the final. It was worth all of the effort I put into it (which wasn't a lot - hardly ever read except for the final, just paid attention). The profs theory on having the class on Thursdays: just starting your weekend a little earlier.
Half the class is reserved for HRI majors, and the other half you have to actually apply to get in, but I turned in a great app lying my @ss off about why I wanted to be in there (not just to drink obviously) :)

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
Do you have a girlfriend??

If not, take ballroom dancing or something. Their's sure to be some scenery in there.

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
Beverage Management class was an awesome class. I had a friend who had all of the exams and purposely missed two and ended up with a 98% for the class. I spend 2 hours once a week drinking and you could stay after class and drink the leftovers. I lived over in married housing and some days it was a struggle just to bike back home. That was a great class and at that time being an HRIM major it was a junior level class. My family still laughs when I tell them about that class. Good thing I changed majors to accounting and started taking it seriously.

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
History of Rock & Roll was great. The assignment (other than tests) was to go to a show (I saw a band at the M-Shop) and write a review. Sweet.

If you want to get into some of the deep conversations on the Off Topic section of this board, I would suggest The History of Science and Religion. It was by far one of the most interesting classes I have ever taken. It's not the easiest one in the world, but it was so interesting that I didn't mind spending a little time on it.....which is all it takes to do well.

isuarch80

Sep 25, 2006
Dallas, TX
Beverage Management class was an awesome class. I had a friend who had all of the exams and purposely missed two and ended up with a 98% for the class. I spend 2 hours once a week drinking and you could stay after class and drink the leftovers. I lived over in married housing and some days it was a struggle just to bike back home. That was a great class and at that time being an HRIM major it was a junior level class. My family still laughs when I tell them about that class. Good thing I changed majors to accounting and started taking it seriously.

Completely agree!!! And during a lot of the liquors and some of the beers, most girls didn't like them, so we got to finish theirs, plus ours, plus leftovers - then head over to, um, what was the name of the bar, I can't remember - but it'd have $0.25 Gin & Tonics for happy hour prices - yeah, 9 PM hurt!!! What a great class - although the wine half was really beneficial, and professional contacts as well as family that I tell about the class and impress with my wine knowledge, they all think that might be one of the smartest business social classes that anyone could take...

danrog

Jan 19, 2008
Seattle
I took it last semester. Man it was easy.

i was also in that last semester. Any class with Tony Townsend is easy.

For those that took History of Rock and Roll- the course number is now Music 304. I really enjoyed that one.

Someone already mentioned Geo 100- rocks for jocks. I sat nest to Tasheed Carr in that class. Taggart, Blythe, and a bunch others. Tests were ridiculous, first half of class by yourself, then last half w/ notes and talking to other people.

American Indian Studies 210 was cake(took it for US Diversity.) Guy who taught it was interesting as well. Fairly eye-opening.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
communications 101 with kay mueller, cake

I took a class with her, don't think it was that one but maybe it was. In any case, it was SOOOO easy (read dumb) that I actually got pissed. I really and truly felt as though I wasted good money and a ton of time because any complete retard could get an A in the class. I really and truly learned ABSOLUTELY nothing and the classes themselves were laughable. FILLED with hot sorority chicks that were obviously going for their MRS degree.

(Hot chicks are great, but I could have seen them for $3 at Tazzles rather than paying for the class) :biggrin:

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
This topic really saddens me; not the subject but the results. I think one of the classes listed (Psych 101) was available when I was in school. All of the others were occasional wet dreams for us.

I was told that once you graduated you should lobby hard to strengthen the class work so that your degree looks stonger than it actually was. Now I see why mine isn't pulling the weight it once did. <pressing scarcasm key> Thanks guys! <button released>

Jeeesh, next you will be telling me about drinking within one mile of campus and coed dorms. What will this world come to next?:skeptical:

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I had Dr Politics teach it, and by not attending class (and missing half a test) I barely came out with a C.

I'd hit up the Psych department 101, 230, 280 all interesting and easy with lots of ladies. I ended up with a psych minor (with an eng degree) because I enjoyed it so much.

I enjoyed Psych classes too. I took 101 in high school, and 230 and 280 at ISU. I forgot the name of the guy who taught 280, I think it was Gary something. He was apparently a prominent psych guy so we spent quite a few classes watching video of him on tv shows like The Today Show and similar. Also, psych classes are good for easy extra credit because you just sign up for grad level experiments.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron