Easter Candy

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
So as I am sitting here munching on Jelly Beans, I am wondering, what does everyone else crave at easter time? I love those cadbury creme eggs, and jelly beans.

CyGal

Mar 1, 2006
WDM
Cadbury Cream Eggs. I've got what's left of a dozen in the kitchen right now.

BigCycloneFan

May 15, 2006
East Coast
Reese PB Eggs. All time favorite. I found one this year that was called king size. It was huge! It was like the Easter version of a Reese Big Cup.

Cadbury Creme Eggs are second.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
I must warn you of my "Bing Bias" that will soon be evident in this post.

I think ANY of the Palmer Candy Company Easter candies are superior to just about anything else out there. Their chocolate has this soft, buttery feel and flavor to it that is just out of this world!

I don't know if it's because they don't add as much wax or what, but I love Palmer's solid eggs, and ANY of their bunnies.

My kids love Veggie Tales, (as do I, but SHHH!!! don't tell anyone!) especially the episode about Nebbie's Chocolate Factory.

"The Bunny, the bunny, gotta have the bunny....."

That's what Palmer's chocolate rabbits remind me of.

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
I love the cadbury mini-eggs. Nothing inside, just little candy coated eggs with the best chocolate in the world wrapped up inside.
Every Easter, I stock up on them to last me a while. Last year, my wife hid a bag from me, and we enjoyed them in October. It was fantastic.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Cadbury eggs. Can't get enough of 'em. My wife limits us to one per hour. I set my alarm to wake up at night to get mine.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
"Yo, dog, watcha doin'?

Nuttin', man, just hangin' wit my Peeps."

those things are awful, you know?

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
You can't eat the peeps fresh. You have to let them sit out for a few hours or even over night and then they are tolerable.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
I do the same thing. I open the box and let them sit a day. Then just go nuts!

Oh, the humanity!!!! I can just visualize the Peep Carnage! Peep blood splattered from floor to ceiling, little bits of of Peep intestines scattered everywhere and hanging from furniture, and bits of Peep hide flayed from their poor little bodies, gently blowing in the spring breeze.

Kind of like a Sam Pekinpah movie. Maybe like "The Wild Bunch" or something like that....:wink:

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Jolly Rancher jelly beans are delicious - and rot your teeth almost the minute they go into your mouth.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Jelly Belly jelly beans are the best but can be had all year round.

I would agree with that - and you can be much more selective in what types you get, since they sell in bulk.

I'm more of a Valentine's candy girl myself - I love those jelly cherry heart things that Brach's makes.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Jelly Belly jelly beans are the best but can be had all year round.

Has anyone tried the Jelly Belly "Bertie Botts' Every Flavor Beans" of Harry Potter fame??

Those things are hilarious. Some flavors include, Booger, Dirt, Vomit, Sausage, Earwax, and Black Pepper, among others.

They so taste like they are supposed to! Even if you have never tasted earwax, they taste like one would imagine it would!

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Jelly Beans, Cadbury Eggs, Reeses anything.....mmmmmmmmmmm.

I hate peeps yet every year I eat them.