Early seedings for Midlands Tourney

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Re: Early seedings for Midlands Tourny

These seedings will change. The official seeding will be done tonight, and then brackets should be released early tomorrow morning.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo

Talked with a very good friend (source) who is directly linked to Iowa Wrestling, two time national champion and we discussed iowa-iowa st....this is his take on the two....

Iowa is currently built for duals, where as he thinks Iowa St is built for the tourney....He thinks its ISU Minni race for the championship....

The Midlands offers us a great look at how we will compete in the team aspect of a tourney instead of duals when Iowa got us.....

Looking forward to ISU winning the midlands....

K

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006

Follow-up with the latest seedings:

Midlands Seeds Announced :: The top-eight seeds of the weight classes have been selected for Midlands

summary:

133: 4. Nick Fanthorpe
149: 3. Mitch Mueller
157: 2. Cyler Sanderson
165: 5. Jonathan Reader
184: 2. Jake Varner
197: 6. David Bertolino
285: 5. David Zabriskie

I can only say, I wish I was in attendance, I will be there next year if ISU participates.

Minnesota looks to have quite an advantage at the Southern Scuffle with its seedings.

Looks like a heck of a NCAA's in the brewing.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown

The midlands includes non-collegiate, club, wrestlers and one of those happens to be the guy that beat Varner in the NCAA finals last year.

What's up with Herbert? They have him listed as a redshirt senior but he's wrestled 4 years:confused:

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006

What's up with Herbert? They have him listed as a redshirt senior but he's wrestled 4 years:confused:

In wrestling you are allowed an Olympic redshirt, which is what Herbert is taking this year.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

Also, does a loss to a club or independent count against a "team" wrestler's record?

No. Only matches against wrestlers currently at a 2-year or 4-year institution count.

Matches against NYAC, Sunkist WC, Gator WC, Hawkeye WC, etc., do not count toward a collegian's record.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron