Early CBS confrence predictions

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
this was a statistical analysis (that has nothing to do with cbs sports). encouraging that we are finally legit from a #'s standpoint. very cool analysis.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Re: Early CBS conference predictions

As an unbiased look, 5th at 10-8 sounds reasonable.

I think ISU will tie for 2nd. KU first (until proven otherwise) —*no real feel yet on how I'd guess the rest of the order.

As that model suggests, I do see a lot of teams between 8 and 11 wins.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
lots of homers here it looks like. We lose arguably our 3 best players in White, SC, and Allen...we do gain Lucious, Clyburn and the 4 freshmen, but is that enough to offset White, SC, and Allen? I don't think so.

PG-Lucious
SG-Clyburn
SG-Babb
PF-Ejim
PF-Gibson

Is what I think our lineup will be next year...Kansas will be good...Baylor has arguably the best rebounder and center in the class coming to them (Gathers and Austin).
Oklahoma State and Oklahoma return everyone...Oklahoma will be alot better then people think. Tech will be better, probably 3-4 conference wins. TCU will be better then people think. Kansas St. returns everyone.

I see it ending like this

1) Kansas
2) Baylor
3) Kansas St
4) Oklahoma State
5) Texas
6) Iowa State
7) Oklahoma
8) West Virginia
9) Tech
10) TCU

I think people are underestimating how big a loss Royce will be...I think we get a play-in game appearance, win that, beat a 5 seed and lose in the sweet 16.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I have no problem being 5th, that'll get ya in the tourney every year. Even with a lot of question marks people are starting to come around and give us a little respect. Thanks Fred!

D

DistrictCyclone

If TCU wins 3 games in the Big 12 this year, I will pay everyone on this thread $50.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
lots of homers here it looks like. We lose arguably our 3 best players in White, SC, and Allen...we do gain Lucious, Clyburn and the 4 freshmen, but is that enough to offset White, SC, and Allen? I don't think so.

PG-Lucious
SG-Clyburn
SG-Babb
PF-Ejim
PF-Gibson

Is what I think our lineup will be next year...Kansas will be good...Baylor has arguably the best rebounder and center in the class coming to them (Gathers and Austin).
Oklahoma State and Oklahoma return everyone...Oklahoma will be alot better then people think. Tech will be better, probably 3-4 conference wins. TCU will be better then people think. Kansas St. returns everyone.

1) Kansas
2) Baylor
3) Kansas St
4) Oklahoma State
5) Texas
6) Iowa State
7) Oklahoma
8) West Virginia
9) Tech
10) TCU

I think people are underestimating how big a loss Royce will be...I think we get a play-in game appearance, win that, beat a 5 seed and lose in the sweet 16.

True, those 3 are significant losses. Mid-pack is more realistic outlook.

Lucious and Cylburn are wild-cards: Excitement about what they might add, also uncertainty because we have yet to see. But, good amount of experience & depth returning. This team might come together sooner than 11-12 — if so, I like chances of finishing higher.

Gut feeling OU seems lower-division material but finishes around 4th. It's a Kruger thing.

If you scenario holds, I could see landing a 10 seed and reaching Sweet 16. (I'll take that almost any day over a high conference finish but early exit:smile:)

cysox2

Nov 30, 2011
Newhall

PG-Lucious
SG-Clyburn
SG-Babb
PF-Ejim
PF-Gibson

1) Kansas
2) Baylor
3) Kansas St
4) Oklahoma State
5) Texas
6) Iowa State
7) Oklahoma
8) West Virginia
9) Tech
10) TCU

A play in game win plus another win only gets you to the field of 32 not 16

D

DistrictCyclone

I can't be the first one to notice that the OP spelled "conference" wrong in the thread title. Seriously?

Doubtful, but you're apparently the first one who felt it was a big enough deal to post about, so...congratulations?

Wales

May 22, 2008
Look for a great year from Booker, there's a reason he was a top 50 coming out of high school and we saw stretches of this a times this year. He's long, athletic, can stretch the defense, and has low post moves. He will prosper in a more traditional offense.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

PG-Lucious
SG-Clyburn
SG-Babb
PF-Ejim
PF-Gibson

1) Kansas
2) Baylor
3) Kansas St
4) Oklahoma State
5) Texas
6) Iowa State
7) Oklahoma
8) West Virginia
9) Tech
10) TCU

I also think you are underestimating the guys that are going to be able to play next year and the improvement you will see from the others that played a lot last year.