Dynasty in the making?

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Dynasty is obviously too strong of a word, but I can certainly envision under Fred that ISU will be a perennial top team in the country. There's little doubt in my mind that's where we're headed as long as Fred sticks around. It's different this time, we're not a flash in the pan.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You guys have a really good coach and are building a real good program but DYNASTY talk ??????? Really ...

Go back and count the number of posters (not posts) that are supporting this idea that ISU is building a dynasty and then count the number of posters who are saying that such talk is way too premature. I'm confident that you will then realize that your post bringing this board back to reality is not needed.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
What if a team had a resume like this in 12 yrs. was a dynasty ?

7 Sweet 16's

6 Elite 8's

4 final Four's

3 National Championship's

OR the bigger picture.....

14 Sweet 16's in 24 yrs,.. 9 elite 8's in 24 yrs.,.. 4 final Fours and 3 National Championships in 24 yrs.

Gentlemen that team is UCONN !!!!!... You guys have a really good coach and are building a real good program but DYNASTY talk ??????? Really ...

Funny you should bring this up, because even with a resume like that, UConn still isn't one of the first few names to come to mind if you would ask me about current CBB dynasties. I would probably name KU, UK, UNC, Michigan State, Duke, and maybe a few more before I would come to UConn. That should pretty much wrap up any of this ridiculous talk. We need to maintain this current level of success or better for the next 10 to 20 years before this topic really deserves any discussion, and that is a very tall task.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

7 Sweet 16's

6 Elite 8's

4 final Four's

14 Sweet 16's in 24 yrs,.. 9 elite 8's in 24 yrs.,.. 4 final Fours and 3 National Championships in 24 yrs.

Gentlemen that team is UCONN !!!!!... You guys have a really good coach and are building a real good program but DYNASTY talk ??????? Really ...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...o-uconn-players-for-recruiting-violations/rss

You forgot to list the recruiting violations! Can't have a big time program without those! I don't get why Calhoun gets a free pass for being a cheater, must be nice to have ESPN in your pocket. Enjoy your time in the mid major AAC, just think you could be the next Wichita State.

husky

Mar 26, 2014
Funny you should bring this up, because even with a resume like that, UConn still isn't one of the first few names to come to mind if you would ask me about current CBB dynasties. I would probably name KU, UK, UNC, Michigan State, Duke, and maybe a few more before I would come to UConn. That should pretty much wrap up any of this ridiculous talk. We need to maintain this current level of success or better for the next 10 to 20 years before this topic really deserves any discussion, and that is a very tall task.

Well UCONN won more National Championships in the last 15 years than all the teams you just mentioned... Also you would give your left NUT for one Final Four nevermind 3 National Championships.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Well UCONN won more National Championships in the last 15 years than all the teams you just mentioned... Also you would give your left NUT for one Final Four nevermind 3 National Championships.

LOL, the one ISU fan talking about being a dynasty is ridiculous. But UCONN fans talking about being a dynasty is only slightly less ridiculous.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
All right...so "dynasty" isn't a perfect term...How about blue blood, powerhouse, etc....just have an overall feeling that we will be a force for the foreseeable future...better??
The word you are looking for is "contender" and I would agree with that so long as you have Hoiberg. There is no changing the lists of blue bloods. Those are the teams whose success and impact on the sport run back through the history of the sport. ISU will never be on that list because you cannot rewrite history. ISU looks to be a solid contender for conference and tourney success for the next two seasons. Beyond that will depend on what recruits/transfers Hoiberg can land over the course of the next two years.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006

I never said I wouldn't be happy with the level of success UConn has had. I'm simply pointing out how hard it is to claw your way into the top tier of college hoops. Despite the list of accomplishments UConn has, I would wager that if you asked most fans to name the top 5 programs in the country right now, very few would include UConn on the list. You will probably have quite a few fans leaving them off of a top 10 as well.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids

7 Sweet 16's

6 Elite 8's

4 final Four's

Read the rest of the thread before posting. Everyone else thinks this idea is stupid as well.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
I never said I wouldn't be happy with the level of success UConn has had. I'm simply pointing out how hard it is to claw your way into the top tier of college hoops. Despite the list of accomplishments UConn has, I would wager that if you asked most fans to name the top 5 programs in the country right now, very few would include UConn on the list. You will probably have quite a few fans leaving them off of a top 10 as well.
Agreed. For all their recent success, UConn has MISSED the tourney entirely in 3 of the last 8 seasons. That's not good. No other elite program has had lows that low that many times recently. Two other seasons were as a #9 seed and a #7 seed. UConn has basically had two good years in the last 8 and the coach that led them to all those good years has retired. We'll see if UConn can get back to their winning ways but I really doubt they can have the sustained success that they had under Calhoun.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron