Dropping a class?

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Are you able to get an appointment with the Prof or TA? They could maybe explain things you didn't get or how to better prepare for the exam.

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
Are you able to get an appointment with the Prof or TA? They could maybe explain things you didn't get or how to better prepare for the exam.

I'm thinking of sending my prof an email. I'm just in a bad mood right now so everything is seeming like the end of the world.

Reactions: cyrevkah

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Too bad more students don't catch on to that......

Just like homework. I give out math based problems for the class I teach. Some kids never figure out that if you work together: 1. I don't care, 2. You'll probably learn from each other, and 3. You will probably end up with perfect scores quickly.

They give away free points by struggling. Either ask me for help or your classmates.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I'm thinking of sending my prof an email. I'm just in a bad mood right now so everything is seeming like the end of the world.
First, you might want to take a look at what is causing you to be in a bad mood. Second, the world is not coming to an end. Third, decide what to do with the religion course.

Reactions: gocy444

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Just like homework. I give out math based problems for the class I teach. Some kids never figure out that if you work together: 1. I don't care, 2. You'll probably learn from each other, and 3. You will probably end up with perfect scores quickly.

They give away free points by struggling. Either ask me for help or your classmates.

The free points part is troubling.

I actually stand there and map out exactly what each part of the exam requires. A stunning amount of students sit there and stare right through that.

When you take introductory classes, they usually aren't there to trip you up. It's almost a hand-out if you make an effort.

Reactions: gocy444

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Is the class curved? How was your grade in relation to the avg.? I'd just go to class and participate as much as you can. I know as a freshman it took me a little bit to learn how to properly "study". By the time I graduated, I didn't need to study for most tests because I learned how to pick out the important stuff in lectures and made sure to write those down.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Yeah, sit back, think it over, leave it for tomorrow if you have to. Schedule a meeting to help find out where you sit, and as an old dude who has been through his share of "worlds coming to an end".....I'm here to tell you it never does.

Just take some time to make a decision, and then make your best choice from an informed position. If you continue to push to do your best, you will get where you want to be, regardless of this one.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Yeah, sit back, think it over, leave it for tomorrow if you have to. Schedule a meeting to help find out where you sit, and as an old dude who has been through his share of "worlds coming to an end".....I'm here to tell you it never does.

Just take some time to make a decision, and then make your best choice from an informed position. If you continue to push to do your best, you will get where you want to be, regardless of this one.

YOU'RE SENILE, OLD MAN!!

PANIC NOW, PANIC FOREVER!!!

You can't really develop a lifetime of panic-based decision-making if you don't start early. If you wait until you're older, it might be too late to learn to panic.

kilgore_trout

Nov 10, 2006
Madison, WI
drop it. pick up a 1 or 2 credit something mid semester.

Hey guys I need some input on whether to drop a class or not. Here's the the short story. The class is religion 205 which doesn't seem that bad but its just not clicking for me and I'm afraid I might fail it... Im doing well in all my other classes just not this one. It would drop me from 15 credits to 12. What do you guys think?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron