Drake's Yesefu in the portal (updated: Kansas)

Expert

Mar 4, 2021
I heard he is coming to Ames. I'm trying to verify from the guy I heard it from but he hasn't answered my follow up text. If so, I don't like this. I think he is a great player, but I really wanted to see Drake have a great year next year. He could do them more good than us, as we won't be good anyway.

He would be a good get to go along with the depth piece ISU added earlier today. Yesufu plus a guy that can bang against Foster and Conditt in practice while only having to use one scholarship would be a good day in the portal for Otz.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He would be a good get to go along the depth piece ISU added earlier today. Yesufu plus a guy that can bang against Foster and Conditt in practice while only having to use one scholarship would be a good day in the portal for Otz.
He’s not coming to Ames.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
He would be a good get to go along with the depth piece ISU added earlier today. Yesufu plus a guy that can bang against Foster and Conditt in practice while only having to use one scholarship would be a good day in the portal for Otz.

total April fools joke. He got me good.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
This guy filled in well when needed, but is it expected for him to go to a competitive high major? He was a bench player until an injury.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I heard he is coming to Ames. I'm trying to verify from the guy I heard it from but he hasn't answered my follow up text. If so, I don't like this. I think he is a great player, but I really wanted to see Drake have a great year next year. He could do them more good than us, as we won't be good anyway.

**** Drake. I’d take him here in a heartbeat.

• Haha
  • Funny
Reactions: Statefan10 and Yaz

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
This is going to be a really tough off season for mid majors. The amount of tampering and shady activity will be off the charts given that it's a free year.
Yeah I'm thinking Devries might live to regret not capitalizing on his success this year. We'll see how it plays out, but Drake is tough place to win at and won't be getting easier with the transfer rule changes.

Yesefu is good, would take him at ISU in a bat of an eye, but won't happen.

dabears32

Nov 23, 2009
Yeah I'm thinking Devries might live to regret not capitalizing on his success this year. We'll see how it plays out, but Drake is tough place to win at and won't be getting easier with the transfer rule changes.

Drake returns a ton and adds a Top 100 recruit. Robbins last year was a bigger loss than this IMO.

(Not that this isnt a tough loss for Drake)

• Agree
Reactions: usedcarguy

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Not sure I agree. Keno Davis caught lightening in a bottle, then bombed at Rhode Island.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones500

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Drake returns a ton and adds a Top 100 recruit. Robbins last year was a bigger loss than this IMO.

(Not that this isnt a tough loss for Drake)
They do seem to have a lot of interchangeable pieces as I noticed throughout the year. Only the slightest of hiccups even when losing starters like Murphy and Penn where you would see losses like that decimate a lot of teams. They'll probably be fine, Devries seems to have a pretty good system in place.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Not sure I agree. Keno Davis caught lightening in a bottle, then bombed at Rhode Island.

Yeah but he cashed in on a huge payday... Keno was never going to make it at Drake, he knew he had one good year in him with daddy's recruits.

• Agree
Reactions: usedcarguy

Help Support Us

Become a patron