Drake Fans

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Two years ago there were only like 2 Drake fans in Des Moines, now there are like 10 and they are all think they are going to beat us. If they do beat ISU they better enjoy it because it maybe the last time ISU losses to an instate school for a long time.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I think they'll beat us but I don't see where you're getting that they have more fans now all of a sudden. As for not getting beat by instate teams for a while, well that's probably very inaccurate.

frontrangeclone

Apr 11, 2006
Cache Valley
twitter.com
a common trend in all sports, everyone loves a winner or a competitive team. Put a competitive product on the field, court, ice, mat, whatever, and suddenly people's interest is perked. I'm all for Drake being a strong program, it makes ISU look even better when we beat them.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
every team in every sport everywhere has more fans when they are winning than when they are losing.

You could take the same sentance about "not beating us for a long time" and apply it too any larger program over another. Heck, Notre Dame fan probably said that 8 times this season.

Why take a shot at Drake fan? It's like taking a shot at Navy fan ... comeon relax.

Besides, they haven't beaten us yet, we may have something to say about it.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Two years ago there were only like 2 Drake fans in Des Moines, now there are like 10 and they are all think they are going to beat us. If they do beat ISU they better enjoy it because it maybe the last time ISU losses to an instate school for a long time.

Yeah, I said that 6 years ago when this rebuilding started.... And we are still looking like we will lose to drake.