Doyle cost Epenesa millions

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Most reasonable folks agree that winning on the road than at home.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree on that.
You want to win the game regardless of where the game is played. It's more impressive to win against a good team on the road than a good team at home, but just because you lose by 2 on the road, it doesn't mean you then won the game by 1.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
You want to win the game regardless of where the game is played. It's more impressive to win against a good team on the road than a good team at home, but just because you lose by 2 on the road, it doesn't mean you then won the game by 1.

I don't care if we win by 1 or 20. As Al Davis used to say, "Just Win Baby!".

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don't care if we win by 1 or 20. As Al Davis used to say, "Just Win Baby!".
Exactly. Lol had Iowa State beat Iowa by 1 I would have not said we actually lost the game by 2. The home field advantage factor determines the betting lines, however do nothing to the final score of the game.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Exactly. Lol had Iowa State beat Iowa by 1 I would have not said we actually lost the game by 2. The home field advantage factor determines the betting lines, however do nothing to the final score of the game.

Home field obviously affects a game or should affect a game if you have a good home field. But I also agree that I wouldn't say Iowa won by four either.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Home field obviously affects a game or should affect a game if you have a good home field. But I also agree that I wouldn't say Iowa won by four either.
Oh it 100% has an effect on the game. If the game was in Kinnick it's an entirely different game. Maybe we lose by 10? Maybe for some reason Iowa lays an egg and we win.. You never know. You just have to show up, play, and come out on top.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
What is the point of this thread? Curious what the objective of the OP was when posting.

• Creative
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What is the point of this thread? Curious what the objective of the OP was when posting.

There were two players that PFF thought were top 50 players nationally going into this season: Epenesa and Purdy. One of them is thriving while the other looks to have regressed into a mediocre every down player. It's the ISR forum, not sure why we can't discuss it

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: GTO and jmb

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
There were two players that PFF thought were top 50 players nationally going into this season: Epenesa and Purdy. One of them is thriving while the other looks to have regressed into a mediocre every down player. It's the ISR forum, not sure why we can't discuss it
So asking what the purpose of the thread is "creative" on my part and indicative that we ought not discuss. That is "creative". I was simply asking what your objective was because it very quickly went away from what you wanted to "discuss" and became an odd thread about odds and other weird things not remotely related.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
He’s been fine.
Epenesa hasn't performed up to expectations.
giphy.gif

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So asking what the purpose of the thread is "creative" on my part and indicative that we ought not discuss. That is "creative". I was simply asking what your objective was because it very quickly went away from what you wanted to "discuss" and became an odd thread about odds and other weird things not remotely related.

When there are two elite college football players in the state and one has significantly regressed I think it's OK to start a thread about it. I wouldn't blame Iowa fans if they started a thread about how great Purdy has been this year

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
When there are two elite college football players in the state and one has significantly regressed I think it's OK to start a thread about it. I wouldn't blame Iowa fans if they started a thread about how great Purdy has been this year
There are only two elite college football players? Who are they?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

How about when a team regresses like ISU has so far this year?

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
How about when a team regresses like ISU has so far this year?

The level of dumb it takes to post this is off the charts.

its especially funny when we’re the only good win you have, and some of your cousins were telling penn st fans how good of a win it was.

• Winner
Reactions: Blandboy