Down goes Kansas

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Oh I know the rumors... I just don't think there was much that Floyd did to make them go to KU.

Here's how I look at it.

-Collison was more of an Iowa lean than ISU.
-ISU never wins back to back Big 12 titles with Hinrich in '00 and '01 when Tinsley was the far better player those years.

Now obviously Hinrich was very solid the two years after we had Tinsley and would have helped ISU a lot those seasons, but there's a good chance we don't have our most dominant run in basketball if we swap Tinsley and Hinrich.

The reasons I dislike Roy Williams as a coach and human being have little to do with him recruiting Iowa players and more to do with the games I sat behind the KU bench and watched how he ran his team in Ames.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Kansas next year won't drop off much.
+ I suppose Selden goes pro, but is that a given?
+ Graham / Mason return and that will be as good, maybe better, backcourt than us (if Monte returns).
+ Lucas returns, probably Diallo. Does Bragg return, or get drafted?
+ Greene probably returns
+ they have a top 15 recruit forward coming in.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
+ Graham / Mason return and that will be as good, maybe better, backcourt than us (if Monte returns).

Seldon is in the 20s in most mock drafts I see. I'd say 70/30 that he goes.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

They will have the best backcourt in the country.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
They will have the best backcourt in the country.

Eh...
I would say Mason, Graham and Seldon are at best equal to Morris, Naz and Thomas. Best back court is debateable
If Seldon goes pro, ISU clearly has the advantage there. But KUs posts will clearly be better than ours.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
No way OU beats Villanova.

I could see OU beating Nova handily. KU had a ton of wide open 3s against Nova, just plain missed them. I think they were 6 of 25 or so. I would like ISUs chances against KU with that kind of shooting. Also, the KU players were just very lazy with passes at the top of the key, and had 3 or 4 turnovers when a Nova player snuck in between the passer and the handoff. Not likely to happen to OU. Let's not pretend that KU lost as bad to Nova as Iowa.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Eh...
I would say Mason, Graham and Seldon are at best equal to Morris, Naz and Thomas. Best back court is debateable
If Seldon goes pro, ISU clearly has the advantage there. But KUs posts will clearly be better than ours.

KU front court will be bigger and deeper than our, but it's quite possible Malou and Burton are more skilled in some ways. After seeing how limited Diallo was this year I'd say there's a solid chance Malou exceeds him.

We'll have the same problem of lack of muscle and depth, even if one or two newcomers come through.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Eh...

I predict Graham and Seldon will be 1st rounders.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Eh...

Grahm is getting so much better. If he comes back, he could be the best pg in the country, even though he may not be "the" pg for ku.

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
Grahm is getting so much better. If he comes back, he could be the best pg in the country, even though he may not be "the" pg for ku.

Yeah, it's weird how unnoticed he went in conference play, too. He was significantly better than Selden, for instance, in conference play. And yet Selden ends up on the Second Team and Graham is down with the Honorable Mentions.

Check this out. This is conference play this year:

mIcQn89.png

http://i.imgur.com/mIcQn89.png

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Diallo says he's going pro

Too bad he's a projected 2nd rounder because of concerns about why Self had him ride the bench. I hope he gets to the combine and a team communicates they will take a chance on him with a late first round pick. And then announces- 'I should have went to a place where I could have played'.

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
This was for the final 4, that doesn't scream bowing out early.

Why are ku fans and apologists always too dumb to understand that when you are the #1 overall seed out of 68, elite 8 is bowing out 3 rounds early. Its called over-rated for a reason. Not crappy, just over-rated.

I was quite clear. I didn't say they went out early in the regular form. I said a few rounds early. It WAS 2 or 3 rounds earlier than they were seeded, and it happens that way the majority of the years.

Last edited: