Down goes Kansas

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I think OU handles Villanova. Kansas went cold in this game.....Not sure how it ended up but late in the first half the announcer said KU had no bench points at that time.. I'm all for OU winning it all

Zero bench points for Kansas in the game, and only 4 from Ellis.

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
This game cost me $1000 on my bracket pool. Was over 210 people and I had UNC beating KU in the championship. Granted, I still could have lost if UNC lost but this stung
no one gives a **** about your bracket.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I think OU handles Villanova. Kansas went cold in this game.....Not sure how it ended up but late in the first half the announcer said KU had no bench points at that time.. I'm all for OU winning it all
Think so too. Nova's bigs shut down Ellis, if they shut down OU's bigs, it won't have the same effect on the whole OU team.
Villanova will have to change their attack, maybe even play smaller than normal.

In their first meeting, OU shot 14-26 from three, and Villanova was 4-32. I didn't see the game, so I don't know if you can just chalk it up to one team shooting lights out, and the other being cold, or if the defensive approach had something to do with it.

I do think Villanova will try to slow it way down, like they did against ku.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Even though Self's record in Elite 8 games is terrible, at least in the post game he doesn't come off as a sore loser.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Can you imagine what CF would look like if some of those calls that went against Kansas happened to ISU in that situation? We had dozens of people blaming/complaining about the refs in a game where we were down 10+ for 95% of it.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Can you imagine what CF would look like if some of those calls that went against Kansas happened to ISU in that situation? We had dozens of people blaming/complaining about the refs in a game where we were down 10+ for 95% of it.
True but we also don't get home cooking and are well known for it for most of the year.

Kinda off topic, I looked at their non conference slate. It took over time at home against Kentucky to give them their only win against a tournament team that won a game. Bill needs to beef up his scheduling.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
It was crazy seeing KU get totally jobbed by the refs, I almost couldn't believe it was happening.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Why, because he told Roy to give them a look?
Hinrich committed to ISU. Floyd was sniffing the Bulls job and it was a couple months after ISU was done, similar to Fred.
Massive rumors at the time that Floyd talked to Williams about trying to get Jordan to unretire and come back to the Bulls, and Williams heavily inquiring about Hinrich and Collison's availability and intentions.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Hinrich committed to ISU. Floyd was sniffing the Bulls job and it was a couple months after ISU was done, similar to Fred.
Massive rumors at the time that Floyd talked to Williams about trying to get Jordan to unretire and come back to the Bulls, and Williams heavily inquiring about Hinrich and Collison's availability and intentions.

Oh I know the rumors... I just don't think there was much that Floyd did to make them go to KU.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
It was crazy seeing KU get totally jobbed by the refs, I almost couldn't believe it was happening.

It's the reason for their Big 12 streak. Out of conference you get screwed sometimes even if your name is KU. They're protected in league games. Ultimate example is the year they split with KSU and KSU was obviously outright champ if not for bogus KU officiating.

Don't get me wrong though, the overwhelming majority of their run is just them being the dominant team. But anybody who thinks they put together that outrageous streak without help from the refs in league play is completely blind.