Dowling and Valley recruiting players From all over

• Fanatics -

Thank you for your patience today and welcome to the newest version of Cyclone Fanatic!

Most of the changes we have made are very simple, but will greatly improve your user experience while visiting the website.

We have upgraded our forum software to speed things up. Our homepage is much cleaner and should be even more mobile friendly than before.

We appreciate your loyalty and are committed to not only keeping Cyclone Fanatic in tip-top shape, but continuing to build this community for the next decade and beyond.

We ask that if you are experiences any glitches to let us know in this thread . Will will be diligently working on the site all day.

Thanks again.

Chris Williams - Publisher

TitanClone

Dec 21, 2008
515 via 712
Which public schools are siphoning off the better athletes and sending them to one district? Its sure not happening in Des Moines because their male athletic teams outside of BB and T/F has sucked for years.

Whether you care to admit it or not, private schools have been going after the best athletes in their area for years. And its occurring all over the state. What is wrong with asking a Burlington ND or Holy Trinity to play up a class. It was not long ago that IC Regina was hammering 2A schools yearly, winning the football championship in that class, the year the 4A catholic school out of CR played Dowling for the championship their only lose of the season was to Regina. Now they are playing 1A football.
Davenport Assumption has dominated class 2A baseball for years, while playing a 4A regular season schedule. No one is saying their is not talent there, that they are not working hard, but lets give the smaller public schools the chance to win a championship also.
Lewis Central for football.

Reactions: BillyClone

clone2003

Sep 1, 2013
I'll never understand those outside of the upper-upper-class sending kids to private school unless they get significant scholarships. Dowling's tuition is $8500 if your a member of the parish and $12K if you're not. That's pushing ISU numbers (not counting room and board) why wouldn't you instead find the best public school in your area and put that tuition money into your kids college fund?
That's because you're an Iowa bumpkin!

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Sorry if already answered....

But do these students get hosted at a family that goes the school? As great as a college scholly is, etc....that's be a lot for a family to uproot just for that.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I have never been around a more vulgar coaching staff than Dowling's. I did chains for a sophomore game and those coaches were total a-holes. I don't know how many times we had to tell them to get back so we could move the chains and they would look at you like "what did you just tell me to do?". Finally ref told them to shut up or they would get ejected. My boy was playing and I was playing the role of non partisan chain crew. I was seething the whole game at the Dowling staff.

BCClone

SuperFanatic
Sep 4, 2011
North Iowa
I have never been around a more vulgar coaching staff than Dowling's. I did chains for a sophomore game and those coaches were total a-holes. I don't know how many times we had to tell them to get back so we could move the chains and they would look at you like "what did you just tell me to do?". Finally ref told them to shut up or they would get ejected. My boy was playing and I was playing the role of non partisan chain crew. I was seething the whole game at the Dowling staff.
I will say the nastiest coaches I came across were catholic school coaches. Seems like they feel every other word needs to be a curse or they aren’t doing it right.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
To each their own, but private schools are way too narrow minded and like minded IMO, so I sent my children to public school. Plus I'm not religious, so there's that... but that also explains why I don't like narrow mindedness.

I wanted my kids to be exposed to kids of all races, religions (or non religious), cultures, abilities or disabilities, income levels, etc..... you know..... like consists in the real world for example.

I kind of look at private schools like I do of fraternities and sororities in college. Why only surround yourself with people like you? It is definitely elitist, but that's religion in a nutshell.

But hey... that's just me.... do whatever suits you.

TitanClone

Dec 21, 2008
515 via 712
Right. Someone should just beat Dowling in football if they don’t like them winning every year.
It's almost like we should separate academics and athletics along with religion and politics like the rest of the first world. Granted, selfishly, I never want to see Iowa State lose athletics.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
.... But they could easily force all private schools up a class. Now that would do nothing to the 4A schools but it would greatly help the smaller public schools that are now being forced to compete with private religious school.
Are you saying the 1A and 2A private schools recruit too?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron