Dorsey-Walker

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
1.)The radio can only show you so much
2.)Are you not familiar with the concept of redshirting? If it helps, think of SDW reclassifying to the class of 2013. Only the NBA cares where you are on your overall basketball growth curve. The only thing that matters is what they can do at ISU in the next three years. For example, last May would you have selected a true senior transfer over Kane just because Kane had been in college basketball longer? Nope. The other kid may be better than Kane when he reaches Kane's age, but the only thing that mattered is Kane is damn good at Iowa State.

As far as SDW needing to improve greatly or Thomas being far ahead, it is probably not as far as you think, similar to Naz barley playing last year. Fred is very good at putting pieces together to make a good team. With Kane, Ejim, Georges, and Morris, Thomas was a piece that fit in better with the team needs (no mistakes and 3P shooting). All of our young guys have strengths and weaknesses. SDW's best attributes are competing with what Kane, and even Morris and Georges bring.

Not sure what you mean by "the radio can only show you so much". I've been a season ticket holder for over 40 years since I graduated in 72. I also go to some cap city league games, so I've seen all our guys play except for Custer. And I don't think MT is 'far' ahead of SDW, just that he's younger and should make a nice improvement from his first to second year. SDW should improve too, imo I just don't think it will be as much as MT since MT has only been in the system one year. Don't think of it as me being unsupportive of SDW, I'm not. I just see more potential and am more excited about MT, Naz, Monte and Nader. Like I said, I haven't seen Custer.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
All I know is I hope SDW is ready to go tonight. With just a touch of foul trouble he could up playing 10+ minutes tonight, and I wouldn't be suprised to see him get 5-6 minutes even without foul trouble.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Not sure what you mean by "the radio can only show you so much". I've been a season ticket holder for over 40 years since I graduated in 72. I also go to some cap city league games, so I've seen all our guys play except for Custer. And I don't think MT is 'far' ahead of SDW, just that he's younger and should make a nice improvement from his first to second year. SDW should improve too, imo I just don't think it will be as much as MT since MT has only been in the system one year. Don't think of it as me being unsupportive of SDW, I'm not. I just see more potential and am more excited about MT, Naz, Monte and Nader. Like I said, I haven't seen Custer.
SDW is plenty athletic.
What does MT's age matter? The only number that matters is years left at ISU and SDW and MT both have three years left to develop.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Have any of the haters ever heard of Casey Prather? I'm sure there were Florida fans that were positive he would never do much at Florida.
There are tons of other examples out there