Don't watch...

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
I hope no one thinks I am trying to make light of this injury, but as gruesome as this injury is, is it still better than if his knee took the blow instead? I broke my fibula in football and was nearly 100% in 5 or 6 weeks. Yes, I know this is thousands of times worse but what I'm wondering is if he's "fortunate" for lack of a better word, that it was bone vs. knee for his recovery and future.

Yes, I think so. As I posted a pic of my exact same injury earlier in this thread, I was lucky in the long run that no moving parts were ****ed up. I think that's the silver lining.

veryphil

Feb 24, 2012
Siracusa, ITA/Ames, IA
Curiosity got the best of me today. I really wish I hadn't watched that. I am usually pretty good with sports injuries. This one, however, left my hands shaking. Feel terrible for the kid and just as bad as those players on the bench and court who had no choice but see it up close. I can't imagine how they were able to keep playing...either team. Just gruesome.

The only injuries I would classify as more painful looking would be crush injuries. I'm glad they were able to give him something for the pain right away.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Some of these aren't that bad, others are. 4:30 is the worst. Watch at your own risk
[video=youtube;PVsdvRwHSp8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVsdvRwHSp8[/video]