Don't watch...

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
Look, it's gruesome for sure, but it's more Joe Theisman than Hank Gathers. Quit the sensationalism.

without sensationalizing and casting judgment from their high horse, some posters on this site wouldn't have much to post about...

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
Can someone explain what happened? All the sudden I'm hearing all about it and how bad it is, but all I know is that it was an unintentional injury. What happened to cause it?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Ok, it's not like the kid died. He got hurt and its not even career threatening. The "it's too soon" talk is going overboard.

It certainly might be career threatening. A devastating injury.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Can someone explain what happened? All the sudden I'm hearing all about it and how bad it is, but all I know is that it was an unintentional injury. What happened to cause it?
He landed awkwardly defendings a fadeaway jumper and the bone shot out of his shin essentially, right in front of his own bench.

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines

Apparently landed just right and it snapped/exploded/disintegrated. One of those 1 in a million deals.

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
He just landed on one leg trying to defend a three and his lower leg just snapped.

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
I was kinda indifferent on this game. Go Louisville.

same for me. I really didn't have an interest before that happened. now I'm in.

plus I feel like the louisville cardinal and cy would have each other's back in a street fight. red bird brother hood and what not.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
seems like CBS showed the replay twice and stopped once they fully realized how awful of an injury it was. the reaction of the L'ville bench said it all. hope the kid comes out okay.

Yeah, CBS actually had a bad angle on it. But you can tell by the way the players on the bench and on the floor reacted just how bad it was. I don't know that I've ever seen a reaction like that.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin

Ware went to contest a three and just landed wrong. It was a freak thing. His leg just twisted around like it was a rubberband. I've never seen anything like it in any sport.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
That sure looked about as awful as an injury can look, but really, tearing ligaments like your ACL can be way worse for your future playing days than broken bones. Bones heal back stronger than ever while ligaments do not.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
It was so bad that that it was like looking at some computer generated graphic in some cheap horror film, but then a split second later it hits you it is real...

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
That sure looked about as awful as an injury can look, but really, tearing ligaments like your ACL can be way worse for your future playing days than broken bones. Bones heal back stronger than ever while ligaments do not.

True....until they put a few rods your leg.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Yeah, but that is going to take a lot of surgery to heal. It might have happened fast enough that it is a clean break, but it wasn't some sort of hairline fracture or anything.