Don't watch...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

agcy68

Feb 9, 2007
Iowa
Just saw the injury to the Louisville BB player. If anyone dares show that again, don't watch it.

Basically a compound fracture (bone through the skin) half way from the knee to the ankle. As quickly as it happened, it might be a clean break, but can't imagine that it will be easy to recover from.

Louisville players in tears, Pitino in tears, Duke players turned away in horror, even Coack K looked distraught looking down from the Duke bench.

Last edited:

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
That was insane, never seen anything worse on a basketball court I don't think.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
It was one of those things that was so bad that I couldn't even look away..

Terrible stuff, I feel for that kid. But how about the show of support in that arena. Good to know everyone in there understands that this is more than just a game.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
So sad to watch. I didn't realize it was a compound fracture.

His teammates looked completely devastated. I don't know that I've ever seen a reaction on a basketball court after an injury like that. Hell the Duke player who took the shot looked devastated.

Going to be hard for both teams to bounce back after that.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Those are injuries you never expect to see when watching basketball. Idk if I have ever seen a worse injury in the sport of basketball.