Don't see much change after your TxT game victory ...

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Well, think about it, to start with it's 3 against 4. And ours is 8 deep.

Ours is pretty deep as well, We have 4 DEs alone who would probably start for most teams in the Big 12. We also have about 4-5 very capable interior players. If you're talking depth, anywhere on the field, it's hard to beat ours at any position with the possible exception of LB, and we're getting better there with the emergence of some younger players.

We even have depth on the OL. It's young depth, but it is proven to be capable because we've already had to replace two starters due to injury and just keep rolling along.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikeiastat

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Ours is pretty deep as well, We have 4 DEs alone who would probably start for most teams in the Big 12. We also have about 4-5 very capable interior players. If you're talking depth, anywhere on the field, it's hard to beat ours at any position with the possible exception of LB, and we're getting better there with the emergence of some younger players.
The good thing about college sports is we get to see it play out on the field. I gave an assessment of how I see our two teams strengths v. one another.

It's meaningless until Wyatt Hubert and JaQuan Bailey lineup and play the damn game.

Both teams should make a run at the B12 championship. We can certainly agree on that. Or perhaps we cannot. And please see my ranking in the opening post.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
The good thing about college sports is we get to see it play out on the field. I gave an assessment of how I see our two teams strengths v. one another. It's meaningless until Wyatt Hubert and JaQuan Bailey lineup and play the damn game. Both teams should make a run at the B12 championship. We can certainly agree on that.
So your point is our opinions don't really matter? Excellent! Sounds like a great reason for you to stop giving yours and go away.

• Winner
Reactions: jctisu

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I put ISU ahead of K-State because of Ames, the same as you, and Skylar Thompson's health.

Hall is better than any running back at K-State but the Cats have more depth than ISU. Purdy and Thompson are probably a push if ST can play. Skill positions, including tight end, are an ISU advantage.

Both K-State lines are better and deeper than ISU but the Clones have an advantage behind them on both sides of the ball. K-State special teams remain special, ISU not so much.

K-State has somewhat of an advantage getting both oSu and Texas in Manhattan but being home is not that big a deal this year.

Coaching is in the eye of the beholder and not worth arguing.

Lots of bad takes in here.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
1. OSU .. Weak B12 schedule so far, but only team unbeaten overall.
2a. ISU … same wins as KSU vs. common conference opponents, slightly more “convincing” vs. each, plus slight edge for “quality of loss” opponent (UL/Ark St)
2b. KSU
4. Oklahoma
5. TCU
6. Texas
7. West Virginia … Lost to #1 team, beat #8 team (in OT).
8a. Baylor … sole win: Kansas
8b. Texas Tech: More challenging schedule than BU, but 0-3 is 0-3.
10. Kansas

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
1. OSU .. Weak B12 schedule so far, but only team unbeaten overall.
2a. ISU … same wins as KSU vs. common conference opponents, slightly more “convincing” vs. each, plus slight edge for “quality of loss” opponent (UL/Ark St)
2b. KSU
4. Oklahoma
5. TCU
6. Texas
7. West Virginia … Lost to #1 team, beat #8 team (in OT).
8a. Baylor … sole win: Kansas
8b. Texas Tech: More challenging schedule than BU, but 0-3 is 0-3.
10. Kansas
I can be down with this. This thing, other KU, is gonna be a dog fight to the end.

Reactions: surly

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I put ISU ahead of K-State because of Ames, the same as you, and Skylar Thompson's health.

Hall is better than any running back at K-State but the Cats have more depth than ISU. Purdy and Thompson are probably a push if ST can play. Skill positions, including tight end, are an ISU advantage.

Both K-State lines are better and deeper than ISU but the Clones have an advantage behind them on both sides of the ball. K-State special teams remain special, ISU not so much.

K-State has somewhat of an advantage getting both oSu and Texas in Manhattan but being home is not that big a deal this year.

Coaching is in the eye of the beholder and not worth arguing.

kstate DL does not have advantage over isu DL..especially depth...we literally use 9 guys in a 3 man front with no drop off..

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
oSu - long been my first choice
ISU - took care of business
K-State - need Skylar to finish
OU - these are power rankings
TCU - LOL, all that Duggan chatter I read here
WVU - interesting match with TCU next
Baylor - COVID seems their biggest challenge
Texas - bye, bye Tommie
TxT - Wells not a good hire
Ku - get wells, Les

people on this board like to hype Duggan up because he's from Iowa, he's nothing more than a decent big 12 QB.

• Agree
Reactions: surly and WalkingCY