Don't run any stop signs in New Mexico

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
there has to be a "how many cops/enemas does it take" joke in here somewhere, a la the lightbulb joke.

but seriously, how could no one, at any point, stop and say "hey you know what, this is probably wrong. We are bad and we should feel bad."

You'd think that at the very least, by the second time you're standing around, waiting for a grown man to take a dump, just so you can visually inspect it, there would be some kind of moment of clarity. Some kind of internal moment where you think back to all those episodes of C.H.I.P.S. and TJ Hooker that you watched as a kid, that made you want to be a cop in the first place... All those pushups in the academy... All of those hours studying... The pride on your dad's face when he saw you in your dress blues at graduation... If only dear old dad could see you now, crouched down in the sickly fluorescent light of an Emergency Room, staring at some dude's anus, waiting for something to come out, and praying that this time it will be a balloon, so that maybe, just maybe, you can go to sleep that night and convince yourself that the last few hours had been done in the name of justice...

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
You'd think that at the very least, by the second time you're standing around, waiting for a grown man to take a dump, just so you can visually inspect it, there would be some kind of moment of clarity. Some kind of internal moment where you think back to all those episodes of C.H.I.P.S. and TJ Hooker that you watched as a kid, that made you want to be a cop in the first place... All those pushups in the academy... All of those hours studying... The pride on your dad's face when he saw you in your dress blues at graduation... If only dear old dad could see you now, crouched down in the sickly fluorescent light of an Emergency Room, staring at some dude's anus, waiting for something to come out, and praying that this time it will be a balloon, so that maybe, just maybe, you can go to sleep that night and convince yourself that the last few hours had been done in the name of justice...
That was beautiful.

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
Just wait until he gets his hospital bill.

All those procedures and a colonoscopy can't be cheap.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
That was beautiful.

I feel like I specialize in "anus" soliloquies. If I had a nickel for every draft of our wedding vows that Angie rejected...

Reactions: oldman

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
They just wouldn't give up because they didn't want to be wrong. And they ended up doing way more wrong.

Fire them of course, it seems to me they should also be charged with assault for this kind of excessive probing.

That was kind of my thoughts too. If at first you don't find anything just keep going deeper, it has to be there right???

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I think I would have to ask, after my first movement, just how would I manage to get the drugs above the load?

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I think I would have to ask, after my first movement, just how would I manage to get the drugs above the load?

Mule Rule #1: You swallow the balloon, you don't cram it. The whole marshmallow and mail slot analogy applies.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I just can't believe, with all the steps and multiple procedures, at some point someone didn't say hey, let's take a step back here. "Let's just keep going."

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
There has to be more to this story. Like they were following this known drug dealer for weeks, they thought they saw him pick up a drop and then he 'ran a stop sign'. Obviously, it still doesn't excuse anything that happened after that but ...

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
There has to be more to this story. Like they were following this known drug dealer for weeks, they thought they saw him pick up a drop and then he 'ran a stop sign'. Obviously, it still doesn't excuse anything that happened after that but ...

Why does there have to be more? Is it that unthinkable for the Police to go this far out of bounds?

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Because if there isn't then I may never leave my basement again.

Ok, that's a valid point. One would hope that it would take more than clenched buttcheeks to get most policemen to go this far off the deep end.

Wappadu

Feb 7, 2012

Yeah it's tough to be devil's advocate on this one. There might be some undisclosed facts that reasonably explain their actions at the traffic stop, but I can't invent any explanation that passes the laugh test after they get to the medical center.

Last edited: