Don't know if anyone has noticed....

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
How did you expect this thread to go, Happy? It has actually been tamer than I expected t when I read your OP. What did you expect to accomplish?

About like it did... I think most knowledgeable fans appreciate the job Scott has done, and that he has grown into a really good coach...

most ISU folks are good people...and I was able to give tre and State a chance to be get their venom out... so all is good

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
About like it did... I think most knowledgeable fans appreciate the job Scott has done, and that he has grown into a really good coach...

most ISU folks are good people...and I was able to give tre and State a chance to be get their venom out... so all is good
Drew is a really good recruiter who is a middle of the pack coach who multiple timed per year still costs his teams wins due to bad in game decisions.

He shouldn't get praised for making a standard coaching adjustment. That is like praising your child for completing their homework. That is not an achievement; it's an expectation. The fact that you think this is an improvement speaks more to what a poor coach he has been rather that what a good coach he is.

• Friendly
Reactions: cyhiphopp

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I never understood why people thought Scott Drew was such a horrible coach. He's accomplished quite a bit. If he did all this while coaching at ISU instead of Baylor, we'd be worshiping him and building a statue.

Yes, he calls a lot of timeouts, big deal. He also wins a lot of games too.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and CyBri

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
This thread makes me feel...

DO8bPnoU8AEvYSh.jpg:large

F BU.

• Friendly

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Baylor is probably only one step behind UNLV with cash recruiting. (Did you see SJ had 19 boards in last game?)
I was happy, however, to see a Big12 team beat McDoormat.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Baylor is probably only one step behind UNLV with cash recruiting. (Did you see SJ had 19 boards in last game?)

Who'd have thought all those Jesus folk would love dirty money so much?

• Agree
Reactions: TXCyclones

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I dont think that is the case. Drew is the King of Negative Recruiting and has been unabashed about telling lies about the coaches and programs he was recruiting against for a kid. The vast majority of coaches in tbe business think Drew is a little pr!ck.

He also plays up the religious side of his school to the sweet southern baptist mommas of recruits as if this means that their kids will be coming to some sort of safe, conservative religious atmosphere when reality has proven that joining the Baylor athletic department had resulted in quite the opposite of that.

• Agree

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
Drew is a really good recruiter who is a middle of the pack coach who multiple timed per year still costs his teams wins due to bad in game decisions.

He shouldn't get praised for making a standard coaching adjustment. That is like praising your child for completing their homework. That is not an achievement; it's an expectation. The fact that you think this is an improvement speaks more to what a poor coach he has been rather that what a good coach he is.

He is a really good recruiter, but it's not like he is beating Self out for kids... he has done a great job developing the talent has over their time in Waco. Udoh, Acy, Jefferson, Motley and now Acuil and Maston. These kids were not that highly regarded but developed into great players

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Remember that time Drew was being a whiny ***** about students bringing Rashad Vaughn signs to a game? He probably has a dozen more serious recruiting violations by 10 am every day.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
He is a really good recruiter, but it's not like he is beating Self out for kids... he has done a great job developing the talent has over their time in Waco. Udoh, Acy, Jefferson, Motley and now Acuil and Maston. These kids were not that highly regarded but developed into great players

A lot of them were just really tall and went over the back a lot.

Good program though and I hope ISU beats them this season.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron