Don't have a B12 team in Final 4, you?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
This discussion is over. It's absolutely nutso given the facts. And it matters not. It's like arguing whose mother is more beautiful. I hope they both win and go deep in the tournament.

We actually agree on something. At least you admitted you are wrong

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
My biggest disrupter that is above a 4 seed is Nevada. I have them making it to the Elite 8. :confused:

I know it's not Big12, but have kept an eye on them all season because of Hallice, and think they have the squad to make a bit of noise, if they play their best.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
TCU was picked to finish third in the league. They limped in at #5.
They were 2 games out of 3rd despite Fisher missing 13 Big 12 games. And they had 7 Big 12 losses by 5 points or less, two of them by 1 point. Dixon did an excellent job overall. They were very close to finishing where they were picked.

Besides, preseason predictions are notoriously worthless so basing success off of them is silly.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Indiana wasn't all that before Knight and certainly is a shadow of its championship self since. The same can be said for Coach K at Duke, Wooden at UCLA and many others. If Dixon was all that, he'd be hanging banners at Pitt rather than coaching frogs.
Surly, listen to how ridiculous you sound.

Duke before Coach K was playing for national championships and regional finals. This is not even comparable. Indiana before Bob Knight was winning national championships and making other deep tourney runs. Not comparable. UCLA since Wooden has won championships and made deep runs. Not comparable.

How was TCU before Dixon, & Pitt before and after Dixon?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Congratulations, this is the dumbest thing I've read on here. You know why Dixon was finished to pick 3rd in his second year from taking over a 2 win program and why Weber was picked 9th in year 6 right?
I assume you mean the voters in the league polls not only know who the players are on those teams but also who is coaching each team.

• Winner
Reactions: randomfan44

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
So many holes in your argument, DSM. Most glaring for emaw's is your statement that K-State is 'senior-laden.' Weber doesn't have a senior player on the roster sans a trainer and couple walk-ons.

And 'Jamie Dixon is just a great coach.' He lost two or three to a guy you say can't coach at all, Bruce Weber. And remember, Dixon went into the year with hopes of challenging Ku for the title.

Trey Young and Mo Bamba are 'game changers,' really? What the hell, most people wonder how either school even got into the dance, particularly OU.

I do agree that there is no obvious favorite, which should make for a very entertaining tournament.

You're correct about K-State and "senior laden." Should have said "experienced."

Dixon IS a great coach. Look at where Pitt has gone since he's left, and TCU is in the tournament for the first time in 20 years, as a 6 seed. "Hopes of challenging KU for the title?" Who was thinking that? They still finished top half of the B12.

Young and Bamba are game changers. Bamba is a future lottery pick and Young is the leading scorer in CBB. OU took URI, the A10 regular-season champion, to OT and Young was a big part in that.

So, I agree that I was wrong on the initial comment about K-State, but I stand by the rest of my stuff. Don't think there were a lot of holes in my arguments.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
This discussion is over. It's absolutely nutso given the facts. And it matters not. It's like arguing whose mother is more beautiful. I hope they both win and go deep in the tournament.

And the white flag goes up...