Don't have a B12 team in Final 4, you?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Stokes was injured the first half of a game against TxT on January 7. He's contributed essentially nothing since.

Sounds like awful coaching to play him 30 minutes and let him shoot the ball 9 times his last game out then

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Stokes was injured the first half of a game against TxT on January 7. He's contributed essentially nothing since.

TCU plugs in a 4* top 50 point guard. K-State plugs in a dancer from South Carolina. Weber's team picked to finish ninth ends up at four ahead of Dixon's team picked to finish third. Who did the better coaching job?

Dixon is a solid coach amongst many in the Big 12.

Again, not plugging in Robinson. he was already a significant piece. And the Diarra is a basketball player. Don't try to make him sound worse than he is.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You do recall that Ku's Graham took Barry Brown out in the first minutes of the game, right?

Lol yes it was a joke.

I think we can all agree that Dixon is a better coach than Bruce. I ranked Dixon over Prohm when we did the Big 12 coaches rankings

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Jamie Dixon is not a great coach, no. Solid, yes. He's won two conference championships in his 15-year career. Compare that to great coaches like Self, Smith, Knight and Coach K.
Are you kidding me Surly? Take a look at where he has coached as compared to Self, Smith Knight & Coach K.

Be better than this.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I'm struggling with what point you're attempting here. Dixon had more apparent tools available than Weber after each lost their starting point guard. Are you denying or reaffirming that fact?

Saying they plugged in Robinson is like saying KState plugged in Brown. That's not what happened. Maybe those two had their minutes increase but what happened was Diarra started playing more and for TCU Olden starting playing more. It isn't that difficult to understand if you didn't try to slant everything towards KState.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Saying they plugged in Robinson is like saying KState plugged in Brown. That's not what happened. Maybe those two had their minutes increase but what happened was Diarra started playing more and for TCU Olden starting playing more. It isn't that difficult to understand if you didn't try to slant everything towards KState.
Your logic is interesting, I'll say that for you. Perhaps that's why you refuse to answer the question.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Your logic is interesting, I'll say that for you. Perhaps that's why you refuse to answer the question.

What question is that? I am simply stating the facts which you seem to not like for some reason.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Are you kidding me Surly? Take a look at where he has coached as compared to Self, Smith Knight & Coach K.

Be better than this.
Indiana wasn't all that before Knight and certainly is a shadow of its championship self since. The same can be said for Coach K at Duke, Wooden at UCLA and many others. If Dixon was all that, he'd be hanging banners at Pitt rather than coaching frogs.

Last edited:

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Indiana wasn't all that before Knight and certainly is a shadow of itself since. The same can be said for Coach K at Duke, Wooden at UCLA and many others. If Dixon was all that, he'd be hanging banners at Pitt rather than coaching frogs.

Do you think Bruce is a better coach than Dixon?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Weber clearly did the superior job this year. And I believe he holds a winning record head2head. We'll have to see how it plays out over time. Jamie is a media darling. Nice looking. Smart dresser. Good talker.

Lol what? K State is a 9 seed and TCU is a 6 seed

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Stop, please.

What you said makes zero sense. Weber in year 6 at K State gets a 9 seed and Dixon in year 2 of taking over a complete dumpster fire gets a 6 seed and you're saying Weber outcoached him this year? That might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard on this board which is saying something. Dixon clearly outcoached Weber this year and it's not even close

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Dixon picked to finish 3rd, finishes 5th.
Weber picked to finish 9th, finishes 4th.

Weber beats Dixon 2 out 3 head2head.

Weber > Dixon

Congratulations, this is the dumbest thing I've read on here. You know why Dixon was finished to pick 3rd in his second year from taking over a 2 win program and why Weber was picked 9th in year 6 right?

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
TCU RPI #26. KState #53
KP #22 Kstate #44
BPI #22 Kstate #47
Sag #19 KState # 42
Tournament Seed #6 KState #9.
Big 12 finish #5 and KState #4.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron