Dominique Buckley HS game

Goclones1727

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I visited michigan this past thursday/friday and got to see dominique buckley play, because my relative goes to his high school and wanted to take me to his high school basketball game, but anyways this is what i thought of him:

Positives: This guy is going to be a stud, and right now hes only a junior in high school. He reminds me alot of Blalock, and hes got an all around game. I counted at least 6 or 7 assists, and has great vision down court and on break aways. His 3 point shot needs alittle work, but hes got a great mid-range jumper, and can slash in the lane when he wants to.

Negatives: It seemed like he was out of control sometimes, he wasnt selfish, but he tried to do much with the ball. Ballhandling was not bad but can be improved.

Romulus High plays a 2-3 zone so i could not tell how he fits defensively for ISU.

This is a great pickup for ISU, and whatever McDermotts doing on the recruiting trail, he better keep it up, because this guy is going to be good.

Aug 21, 2006
Des Moines
Excellent info, I'm excited for this guy. Nobody knows much about him....YET, at least. I got a Rivals buddy who think he'll be top 50 talent by the end of his senior year, and he also commented that his game speed reminded him of Blalock.

GMac's kickin *** on the recruiting trail!

sclotz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
This is the stuff we need to here about...long term, program sustaining, recruiting and coaching. There are only a few ways to get immediate results in college BB and most of those ways will get the program in trouble with the NCAA. Fans that expect everything right now need to relax. Go Clones!

rd4isu

Apr 11, 2006
Thanks for the info GoClones. I think the future is looking bright for the Clones. Can't wait to see the likes of Brackins, Garrett, Staiger, Buckley, Eikemeyer and co. If we could land Negedu in the '08 class, we could be really, really tough!

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
Great point sclotz. If we can get all these guys to stay healthy and keep up with their studies, then we are going to have a very bright future in Clone Country!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron