Dolores O'Riordan (Lead singer of The Cranberries) has passed away

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
it's always sad when people pass away too young, but i never liked the cranberries.
it amazes me how everyone comes out and says they loved a band after someone in the band dies.

Hmm, really?

So you think it's amazing that the death of Walter Becker would prompt discussion of Steely Dan or the death of Malcolm Young would prompt discussion of AC/DC? Seems pretty natural to me.

Last edited:

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
I will miss Delores O'Riordan like I missed Janis Joplin. I liked their stuff before they died but really grew to appreciate it much more when they were gone as I realized how short their opportunity to create had become. They both were unique. There are a few artists that I've felt that way about like these two, Mama Cass, and John Belushi but not all. Jimi Hendrix and Elvis Presley were not the same for me.

Reactions: Angie

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Harriet Wheeler, Olivia Chaney and O'Riordan are my top three favorite Irish and UK divas. I liked almost everything Dolores sang. Though, Linger may not be her best.

Reactions: drlove

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
it's always sad when people pass away too young, but i never liked the cranberries.
it amazes me how everyone comes out and says they loved a band after someone in the band dies.
Well probably because mostly people who liked the band comment on the thread. Except of course someone who comes on the thread and says they didn't like the band and accuses people of being some kind of "bandwagon because they're dead fan".

Those posts are the worst.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Loved her voice.

There were numerous women singers from bands in that era that had voices that were unique and beautiful and hers was one of the best.

Mazzy Star, the Sundays, Letters to Cleo...all with women who had the kind of voices that gave me the tingles...

cyson

Jun 24, 2007
They had a really unique sound. Her voice was haunting. Great drummer. I read they played Des Moines in December of 2007. Check that one off the list.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Way too young. Zombie is great. The rest of their music that I remember is meh for me.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Didn't have any albums or anything but I occasionally hear Dreams and Linger come on and it's good nostalgia...as is lots of mid-90's pop rock.

Wasn't a fan of Zombies honestly.

I wonder if various audiences will cover these songs over the next week...seems like that's a trend.

I think I'd pick Neko Case to cover Linger. I'll pistol whip someone if it's Taylor Swift or Miley.

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Never had any of their CDs, but Dreams is probably in my top 10 songs all time.

• Agree
Reactions: xboxfever

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Loved her voice.

There were numerous women singers from bands in that era that had voices that were unique and beautiful and hers was one of the best.

Mazzy Star, the Sundays, Letters to Cleo...all with women who had the kind of voices that gave me the tingles...

all three very good. The Sunday's Reading, Writing and Arithmetic is a great album. Love the Sundays!

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
Listening to Delores on a few songs gives me flashbacks of Grace Slick singing White Rabbit with Jefferson Airplane; a clear, powerful, and controlled voice.

Reactions: cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Well probably because mostly people who liked the band comment on the thread. Except of course someone who comes on the thread and says they didn't like the band and accuses people of being some kind of "bandwagon because they're dead fan".

Those posts are the worst.

I guess we need to start making appreciation posts for every artist we like while they are still alive, so we can prove that we liked them before they died. Gotta be a Pre-death Hipster. I liked them before they were cool AND before the were dead!

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
The Cranberries were hitting big right around the time I started getting some in High School
I guess we need to start making appreciation posts for every artist we like while they are still alive, so we can prove that we liked them before they died. Gotta be a Pre-death Hipster. I liked them before they were cool AND before the were dead!

I'm a huge Keith Richards fan.

• Funny
Reactions: 1100011CS

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron