Does anyone else selfishly hope Royce White is not eligible?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Obviously, I want for Royce whatever Royce wants.

However, deep down, I'm kinda selfishly hoping he isn't eligible this year. I don't think we are going to be very good, and I could see him scoring 30 some points a game and then opting for the NBA... even though the team would still finish near the bottom of the league.

I really believe that next year could be special if Royce is here. I want to see that team... with Royce on it.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
Nope. I want to see him play now. I'm afraid if we have a bad year, and he is sitting on the bench he might think twice about playing professionally.

CloneState1028

Jan 21, 2008
Ames, IA via Cedar Rapids
I honestly don't think there's anything good that can come from him being eligible this year.

If he's not eligible this year, I'm not sure if he'll be around for next season. If he is eligible this season, I think he'll be around next year too.

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
if he has a chance to play in the NBA in a year, playing this year or not - he will get the same chance - maybe different pick but same chance. Hopefully he plays this year and if does, maybe he will opt for an additional year- I would be more worried about not sticking around if he can't play

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
"Selfishly"? Nope. I kinda think it would be better for him to settle into life and school without the spotlight of basketball for one season.

Jun 14, 2010
Obviously, I want for Royce whatever Royce wants.

However, deep down, I'm kinda selfishly hoping he isn't eligible this year. I don't think we are going to be very good, and I could see him scoring 30 some points a game and then opting for the NBA... even though the team would still finish near the bottom of the league.

I really believe that next year could be special if Royce is here. I want to see that team... with Royce on it.

Yep, if we are to have White for only one year on the court, I want it to be next year. I am worried though that we only get him one year, regardless of whether he sees the court.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
Just read an article somewhere that the collective bargaining agreement is up for the NBA after this season and it could cause the 1 and done guys to stick it out an extra year to ensure they get their $$$ vs. being left in limbo or not getting as good of a deal. If that is the case, would love to see Royce get this year and next year as well.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Nope, if we've learned anything over the past 10 years of Iowa State basketball, it rarely pays to have a player sit since more than likely they'll leave before they are supposed to anyway.

If Royce is eligible this year, we thank our lucky stars and enjoy watching him play.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I want him playing this year. He is good enough to really have an impact on how good this years team is. If he goes crazy and scores 30 points a game then ISU will have a much better record than anyone expects. If he ends up going pro after that, so be it. If he plays this year and scores 12 points a game, he will not be a high NBA prospect, and will come back the next year to improve his standing.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Nope, if we've learned anything over the past 10 years of Iowa State basketball, it rarely pays to have a player sit since more than likely they'll leave before they are supposed to anyway.

If Royce is eligible this year, we thank our lucky stars and enjoy watching him play.

This.

I want to see him play now.

This team needs him to play now.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Instead of that we should all be hoping that the NBA collective bargaining situation breaks down and makes it look like a lock-down in imminent for the 2011-2012 season. Then he wouldn't be going anywhere anyway. Best of both worlds.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
I want him as soon as we can get him. The upcoming recruiting classes are too good to not want to win now. I don't know about you but I think if HB saw any chance of our team being good while he was here, he may have chosen ISU.

cyclone1975

Feb 4, 2007
Ankeny
I am tired of waiting for next year. I want talent on the floor now. Plus, he really wants to play right now, so I want that for him too.

crash_zone

Apr 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, SD
I think we'll be good next year with or w/o Royce. He'd obviously help a LOT for next year, but he'd also help a LOT for this year. I hope he plays asap.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Have him play now. We have a few pieces that could win us some games... help with future recruiting. White knows what we will have next year, he will want to stick around for that.

Jun 14, 2010
Anyone like the looks of young Godfrey? I hope Fred can get these guys to buy into weight training, because Godfrey and McKnight (and Railey) could really be a combo.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron