Does Allan Lazard belong on the ISU FB mount Rushmore?

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
If it's most influential, I think you have to include Pollard for the job he's done. For basketball at least. But if Campbell stays for the length if his contract and then some and we have a half decade of seasons like this, Pollard deserves consideration.

cyfan21

Aug 24, 2010
Davenport
In my lifetime (starting in 1990), I’d argue in top 3.
1. Troy Davis
2. Seneca Wallace or Allen Lazard
3. Allen Lazard or Seneca Wallace
4. Joel Lanning
5. AJ Klein or Jake Knott

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I'm going to take four different positions, and eras, and go with:

RB-- Troy Davis
QB-- George Amundson
WR-- Allen Lazard
DL-- Mike Stensrud

And can I add a deserving 5th?
LB-- Matt Blair

Reactions: cyclones500

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Just for fun, what 4 players belong in front of him? TD, Hayward? I'm not much help with 1972, but Allan's decision to come here combined with what he was able to fight through adn accomplish. I'd put him there.

Remember I said ISU FB.

George Amundsen was amazing. Tailback as a junior. QB as a senior. Bowl games both years. Blair had a great pro career. Cyclone career was marred by injuries his last year or so. Dwight Nichols led the Dirty Thirty team and played both ways.

Lazard is great. Lanning is a legend for doing what was best for the team. And excelling in moving to Linebacker.

IMO, it is hard to restrict it to only 4. And Troy Davis is the best. Unbelievable.

Reactions: LindenCy

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Truly challenging for football, beyond Davis. I still would like to see a Ring of Honor at Trice. (Not sure how it'd fit with current configuration of stadium. Would have to change that upper-deck scoreboard/ad strip)