Doc Sadler possible candidate for Southern Miss job

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
That sucks.

Doc made a comment a while back that he was happy here and could see himself retiring here. I guess he was as firmly entrenched as Chizik. I know it's a head coaching job but it also Southern Miss.

Southern Miss seems like a crappy place, but the last two coaches there have had some success and have moved on to bigger and better things. Not a bad job for him.

The part that made Doc a good coach here is that he had a lot of freedom and responsibilities. The downside of that, for Iowa State, is that it is easy to realize you are almost doing a head coaches job without the benefits.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
That sucks.

Doc made a comment a while back that he was happy here and could see himself retiring here. I guess he was as firmly entrenched as Chizik. I know it's a head coaching job but it also Southern Miss.

First, said he could see himself retire here. You understand the difference between could and will, yes?

Second, ever heard of coach-speak?

Clones32

Mar 5, 2013
That sucks.

Seriously? Southern Miss is not a bad job especially since they are 103-36 over the past 4 seasons which is very good. Doc will do a great job and hopefully is coaching at a major conference school soon.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron