Do you want Tom Manning as OC?

• Yes

Votes: 193 73.1%
  • No

Votes: 71 26.9%

• Total voters

bigsag

Jan 27, 2009
Very few posters will ever know what the offensive objectives were today. They worked on getting Akers and Shaw more involved with the offense. (Purdy has been focusing in on receivers in previous games.) Several blocking schemes are being changed (both Nwangwu and Hall are getting better creases). They had to find out what Dekkers could do in a game (been killing it in practice).

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
can fans get together and talk football and critique a game without calling forthe coach to get fired? Our defense did not play very well today neither did special teams.
Still won by 30 and we continue our march toward a conference championship

Well it was Kansas. Those mistakes burned us against the Pokes.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Well it was Kansas. Those mistakes burned us against the Pokes.

You get away with poor playcalling against KU.... everyone does. You don't against good teams.

We could be a great team.... but instead we're just good. Good is fine, if that's what you're after.

No reason we shouldn't be undefeated right now IMO.... but that's how I look at things. Too much of a perfectionist.... I will admit that.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
You get away with poor playcalling against KU.... everyone does. You don't against good teams.

We could be a great team.... but instead we're just good. Good is fine, if that's what you're after.

No reason we shouldn't be undefeated right now IMO.... but that's how I look at things. Too much of a perfectionist.... I will admit that.
Hope for your sake your own boss doesn't hold you to the same unrealistic standards.

Last edited:

great2baclone

May 7, 2014
I think Manning is ok. I agree with most of you, and sometimes question why we pass so much when the run game is working, but honestly its mostly been execution more than play calling. We have been rightfully critical of WR's getting open vs the blitz, but what I think goes unnoticed is the shotgun snaps are soo slow. By the time Brock get the ball the rushers are in his face. A faster shotgun snap can help Brock get rid of the ball faster. Side Note. Dekkers throws a great deep ball!

Reactions: Scruff

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
200.webp

giphy.gif

200w.webp

200w.webp

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Everyone should read Jared's article on this site titled "Don't play with your food". It is excellent and spot on. And yes, he's critical of our offense and playcalling.... but I doubt anyone on here calls him out for it like they do to me.

No biggie from my end... I've taken the heat for "decades", but still will continue to call things as I see them.

Great article Stanz!! I couldn't have said it better myself!

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Everyone should read Jared's article on this site titled "Don't play with your food". It is excellent and spot on. And yes, he's critical of our offense and playcalling.... but I doubt anyone on here calls him out for it like they do to me.

No biggie from my end... I've taken the heat for "decades", but still will continue to call things as I see them.

Great article Stanz!! I couldn't have said it better myself!

Manning’s return as offensive coordinator in 2019 was an enormous success, directing the most prolific offense in school history while aiding the Cyclones to their third-straight bowl game and second-straight top-three finish in the Big 12 Conference.

The Cyclones averaged the most yards per game in the history of the program in 2019 at 444.3, breaking a record that stood since 1976 to rank 27th in the nation. Iowa State was able to do most of its damage in the air with QB Brock Purdy setting virtually all of ISU’s season passing marks, including passing yardage (3,982) and passing touchdowns (27), to help the Cyclones break another school record and rank 11th nationally in passing offense (311.3).

Reactions: aauummm

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Not sure if I'm ready to fire him after a series that didn't go well but I'm a big believer in sticking with what's working.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Manning’s return as offensive coordinator in 2019 was an enormous success, directing the most prolific offense in school history while aiding the Cyclones to their third-straight bowl game and second-straight top-three finish in the Big 12 Conference.

The Cyclones averaged the most yards per game in the history of the program in 2019 at 444.3, breaking a record that stood since 1976 to rank 27th in the nation. Iowa State was able to do most of its damage in the air with QB Brock Purdy setting virtually all of ISU’s season passing marks, including passing yardage (3,982) and passing touchdowns (27), to help the Cyclones break another school record and rank 11th nationally in passing offense (311.3).
Was also a finalist for OC of the year, I believe.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Okie State is better than us deal with it.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

So you disagree with Jared Stansbury and Matt Campbell about today's game..... got it. At least I know where you stand. I admire that.

I'm on board with Stanz and CMC.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I don't think anyone is saying he's awful. But if you're watching that game (and a bunch of others over the last couple seasons) and thinking "wow, we really have a great game plan here!"... I honestly have no idea what you are watching. The results today were mostly based on our offensive talent and KU being so bad.

• Winner
Reactions: clonedude

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron