Votes: 193 73.1%
  • No

Votes: 71 26.9%

• Total voters

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Let's see....we just scored 52 points, 500+ yards, covered the largest point spread in school history, for the season we have the second highest average yrds per play in school history. I don't know, maybe we should start a poll to evaluate your job performance.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
All game long.... everyone is bashing Manning and his playcalling, including the announcers on TV, and then we score two garbage TD's in the last few minutes and everyone thinks Manning is a genius because....... hey look at the numbers!!!

That's simple minded thinking. Manning was not good today. Sure, he called some good plays, but way too many idiotic ones too that cost us big time. Do people want to go to Dallas and actually have a chance to win when we get there.... or is everyone just happy with finishing in the top 5 in the league? We played the worst team in P5 football today.... and struggled much of the game.

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
He was not good today.

If he called a good game today, we would have been able to see Dekkers the entire 4th quarter. KU was still in the game with 7 mins left in the game.... that's not good.

In big 12 play, we dropped the second most points on them. We also gave up the most to them, so is that on the offense that you didn't see more of Dekkers? Not sure I want to blame defense yet, so lets go back to the elephant in the room. Our special teams suck. Blame the TD they gave up for not seeing more of Dekkars.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Manning is better at being OC than half the people on this site are at posting.

That's probably true.... because half the people on this site don't know good offensive football playcalling and scheming from bad offensive football playcalling and scheming.... and thought they witnessed good playcalling and scheming today.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Honestly if the offense sharpens up more and is consistent about it, the critiques will subside. You’ll always have those who are never happy, but the fringe folks just want to see consistency. Lots of good things this year and a lot to be proud of. Manning takes the heat and yes I’m guilty of it too but I get over it and move on to the next one. Sports are emotional.

Reactions: Snydes

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
All game long.... everyone is bashing Manning and his playcalling, including the announcers on TV, and then we score two garbage TD's in the last few minutes and everyone thinks Manning is a genius because....... hey look at the numbers!!!

That's simple minded thinking. Manning was not good today. Sure, he called some good plays, but way too many idiotic ones too that cost us big time. Do people want to go to Dallas and actually have a chance to win when we get there.... or is everyone just happy with finishing in the top 5 in the league? We played the worst team in P5 football today.... and struggled much of the game.
We have the second highest average yards per play in school history. Is that simple minded thinking too?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

Typical clonedude post. Don’t you ever learn?

“Everyone” bashes everyone all game long on the game thread because that’s what happens in the game thread.

Manning’s offense put up 52 points—more than KU was giving up—and 552 yards despite not having two of his best three OL, and his best WR still out due to injury. On the road.

Do yourself a favor and top. Just stop.

CY74

Oct 27, 2019
Curious as to what the majority is on this board. Personally not a fan whatsoever

Over all I think he is ok, but there are a few head scratchers each game. It seems we have quite a few brain farts by both players and coaches. No one is immune.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
We have the second highest average yards per play in school history. Is that simple minded thinking too?

Only looking at numbers is simple minded thinking.... yes.

The Tampa Bay Rays manager only looked at numbers and pulled his starting pitcher the other night.... which was stupid.

It's funny how everyone immediately forgets the first 3 1/2 quarters of this game as soon as the game is over.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'll just leave this here.

Manning’s return as offensive coordinator in 2019 was an enormous success, directing the most prolific offense in school history while aiding the Cyclones to their third-straight bowl game and second-straight top-three finish in the Big 12 Conference.

The Cyclones averaged the most yards per game in the history of the program in 2019 at 444.3, breaking a record that stood since 1976 to rank 27th in the nation. Iowa State was able to do most of its damage in the air with QB Brock Purdy setting virtually all of ISU’s season passing marks, including passing yardage (3,982) and passing touchdowns (27), to help the Cyclones break another school record and rank 11th nationally in passing offense (311.3).

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
and in every category we have the best oc we have ever had

u want isu to go to the next level u better move the whole university within drivable distance of fertile recruiting ground or take a time machine back and tell the admin 50 years ago to take football seriously. why do u think mike leach just went to miss st? and why is notre dame in the top 20 nearly every year? this poll being remotely close shows that half of this website has lost basis with reality
I thought Ohio State fans were nuts. Oh.....nut cup. Now I get it.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

The Tampa Bay Rays manager only looked at numbers and pulled his starting pitcher the other night.... which was stupid.

It's funny how everyone immediately forgets the first 3 1/2 quarters of this game as soon as the game is over.

Call it a day debbie downer. jfc all you do is ***** and moan.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015

And you apparently forgot the 1st quarter where our first two possessions we're as close to perfection as you can get. Look, there were definitely disappointing portions of the game, but if you're gonna piss and moan when we're in the most favorable position we've ever been in school history for a Big 12 championship, then I'd don't think I would enjoy living in your gloomy world.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
And you apparently forgot the 1st quarter where our first two possessions we're as close to perfection as you can get. Look, there were definitely disappointing portions of the game, but if you're gonna piss and moan when we're in the most favorable position we've ever been in school history for a Big 12 championship, then I'd don't think I would enjoy living in your gloomy world.

clonedude has been doing this for over a decade.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone